Technical Support Specialist
Why should you consider joining Auvik?
- You want to work at a company that is building impactful, relevant technology. Auvik’s network management software helps IT teams by automating time-consuming tasks, streamlining operations, and mitigating risk. It’s more important than ever to be able to remotely monitor and manage network infrastructure, and with Auvik, IT professionals have that essential visibility and control.
- You want to work with a leadership team who are transparent and trustworthy. Our senior leaders have a vision for Auvik. They are experienced, knowledgeable, approachable, and consistently working hard to drive success, both for the company and the team of people who make it happen.
- You want to work with a product customers love. People rave about what we’ve built—our latest NPS was 57 (phenomenal!). Our customers are smart, aspirational, and highly technical. It pays to get the details right.
- You want regular opportunities for learning and growth. With ongoing feedback from leadership, you’ll find that Auvik encourages you to be your very best. Our onboarding process is thorough and informative because we want to make sure you’re prepared to have a great work experience. We also have programs designed to help you take the next steps you want for your career.
- You want the flexibility to manage your work, your way. We’re a fully distributed team and we’re prepared to continue to support working from home (or the space you choose!). We trust you to get the job done where you feel most comfortable and effective.
What’s this role about?
Rule #1 of the Auvik Way: Wow our customers! As a key part of Auvik’s technical support team, your focus will be on helping the users of our network management software to be as productive and happy as possible. Drawing on your technical aptitude and strong people skills, you’ll work closely with our engineering, partner success and sales teams to answer questions, solve problems, clear roadblocks, and build positive relationships with our customers. This position will involve a fixed work schedule from 8:30am - 5:00pm PST with periodic on-call support on weekends to accommodate our international customers.
What will I be doing?
There’s never a dull moment in this role! Every day, you will:
- Provide useful, accurate and friendly technical support to Auvik customers by chat, email, web & phone and other channels as required
- Help customers by clearly identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding them through corrective steps
- Assess and document suggestions for new or improved product functionality, based on customer feedback, that our engineering team should implement
- Document new or updated support information in knowledge base articles
- Effectively manage large numbers of incoming customer requests
- Work to keep customer churn at zero by consistently providing an outstanding customer experience
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts (Routing, Switching & Firewalling)
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn quickly
- A self-starter that works well in a team environment
- A people person, with a friendly and positive manner
- Great communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Grace under pressure
- Experience with technical, product support
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Are there bonus points?
- Prior experience supporting client facing technical support
- Basic knowledge of Linux, including scripting with Python / BASH
- Basic understanding of relational databases (SQL)
- Experience using Slack, Zendesk, and JIRA
- Experience with configuration of networking hardware (Cisco, Fortinet, SonicWall, …)
Auvik makes network management easier. Our software provides the visibility and automation IT professionals need to focus on the work that delivers the greatest value to their organization. Today, Auvik helps IT teams manage more than four million devices on over 50,000 networks worldwide.
Auvik is one of the fastest growing North American technology companies, and is winner of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Deloitte Fast 500, and was recognized as the #1 ranked Canadian company in the FT Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies list.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We are happy to make any accommodations you may need throughout the interview process as well. Don't have a working webcam? We will help you find a space you can conduct your interview from Have kids or pets in the background? Don’t worry about it. Just let us know what you need when we reach out to schedule and we will make it work!
Auvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Something looks off?