Technical Program Manager - Software
Calgary, AB, Canada
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. Attabotics is a TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
You manage the schedule and resources for the development of our orchestration software “Weave” as well as a set of applications developed for the different personas operating our systems “Workshop”.
Reporting to the VP, Product Management, you’ll work with people from Product, System Test, Mechatronics, Manufacturing, Deployment Documentation, and other groups across the company to drive strategic initiatives, flesh-out specifications, identify dependencies, promote a system approach, manage scope, reduce risk, promote quality and coordinate releases.
Who you are
- 5+ years of Software Program Management experience
- Strong command of agile tools, methodologies, and best practices. Agile CSM certified or working towards it. Understanding of waterfall, stage gate, V-cycle Program management
- Experience with User Experience design – especially on Microsoft Windows
- Experience with analytics tools like PowerBI, Tableau
- Experience bringing hardware, embedded and software emerging technological products through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to keep products within a defined scope, budget, and timeline
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Professional Designation in Project Management, PMP Preferred
- Previous experience with operational technologies in Supply Chain, Warehousing, Material Handling, Fulfillment, 3PL
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience integrating applications with external systems
Nice to Have
What we need
- Accountable for schedule, budget, reporting on resource allocation and quality
- Participate in the development and implementation strategy for the software team as well as the overall system roadmap
- Refine requirements and scope with Product Management and Engineering
- Manage the backlog to create high fidelity estimates
- Document scope dependencies in ADO between different teams in software & hardware. Promote a system approach and cross functionality
- Implement and adapt practices that standardize how program teams monitor & control initiation, planning, execution, and closing phases of all Programs/Products (stage/gate), combining Agile, Waterfall, V-cycle and other methodologies as applicable
- Report on program performance to stakeholders and the leadership team. Escalate issues, risks, and decisions to executive sponsors and program governance, as necessary
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.
Attabotics is aware of false advertisement of our postings, which may include compensation information. These are fraudulent sites and should not be trusted. Attabotics will never ask for any form of payment during the recruitment process. For a current listing of all our postings, and the only legitimate location to apply, please visit.