Field Service Engineer, Robotics Team Lead
Calgary, AB, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. Attabotics is a TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
As the Field Service Engineer, Team Lead, we will rely on your strong leadership and organizational skills to provide guidance to a team within our Field Operations group. As a working member of the Field Service team, you will also utilize your skills to diagnose and fix industrial hardware and software while providing excellent service to our customers. We’re looking for people who think critically, communicate effectively, and love to be hands on! This position is a challenging yet rewarding mix that integrates technical know-how, customer service and team leadership skills.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience as a Field Service Engineer
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in Engineering
- Experience leading, coordinating, planning, and mentoring team members
- Ability to make confident and well-informed decisions
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and fix hardware and software industrial equipment
- Able to manage technical work in the field with little to no supervision
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk applications
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Other technical certifications would be beneficial
- You prioritize working safely and making sure your health and safety as well as those of your co-workers is part of your job
- Position open to both registered Professional Engineers and non-registered candidates with suitable education & experience - non-registered candidates will be considered under a title of Specialist.
What We Need
- Work with the Manager, Field Service Engineering to identify and encourage areas for growth and process improvements within the team
- Setting expectations and short/medium term goals for the team
- Mentor others with technical learning
- Perform project management, resource balancing, and communication of progress to stakeholders
- Independently conduct preventive maintenance, upgrades or repair of the equipment and infrastructure available at the client site
- Help with the installation process of new and advanced technologies
- Tests machines that are already installed for their performance and safety
- Ensure timely, professional, and effective response to customer service needs to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Create regular reports to highlight performance KPIs and other system usage data
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.
Attabotics is aware of false advertisement of our postings, which may include compensation information. These are fraudulent sites and should not be trusted. Attabotics will never ask for any form of payment during the recruitment process. For a current listing of all our postings, and the only legitimate location to apply, please visit.