Marketing & Communications, IT
Calgary, AB, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. Attabotics is a TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our Product team. Reporting to the Technical Writing Lead, you can expect to work with teams throughout the organization to write and maintain product documentation for a diverse set of audiences. We ensure manufacturing, adopting, using, and supporting Attabotics’ technology is as simple as possible, and succeed with our stakeholders. You will work alongside engineering, manufacturing, and operations teams to ensure our operational practices and procedures evolve as our software does. We’re looking for someone who owns their projects and is comfortable working in a self-directed environment.
Who You Are
- A top-tier communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills — ideally with 5+ years of experience creating internal and customer-facing technical documentation for organizations that develop hardware and software
- A writer who loves turning technological complexity into clear, concise, and easy-reading documentation
- A relationship builder who develops rapport quickly; you work with software, product, and engineering teams (among others) to create and maintain documentation
- You’re software-savvy; you’ve documented APIs, built web-based content, used Markdown, committed with Git, written a SQL query or two, and aren’t afraid of light exploratory testing
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable multitasking
- You’re experienced with docs like code and practices
- Applicable Degree preferred
What We Need
- Closely support the documentation needs of our engineering and operations teams
- Plan, write, and maintain operational procedures, in-app help, manuals, release notes
- Interact extensively with different departments and functional groups
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Edit and refine documentation prepared by colleagues outside of the technical writing team
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.
Attabotics is aware of false advertisement of our postings, which may include compensation information. These are fraudulent sites and should not be trusted. For a current listing of all our postings, and the only legitimate location to apply, please visit.
See more open positions at Attabotics
Something looks off?