Manager, Business Development Cell & Tissue Therapy
Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Aspect is a pioneering biotech company specializing in the development of innovative solutions for patients with unmet medical needs through the development of bioprinted tissue therapeutics. As we embark on our next stage of growth, we are seeking a strategic Manager, Business Development Cell & Tissue Therapy who has clearly demonstrated they can develop deep insights from qualitative research and quantitative data analysis, communicate well, and has a strong desire to create value and bring an innovative approach to addressing the key priorities over the coming years.
Reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer, the Manager, Business Development Cell & Tissue Therapy will play a key role in the company's growth and expansion strategy. This dynamic role will involve a diverse range of responsibilities, requiring unique skills, experience, and versatility. This includes supporting the development of the long-term strategic vision of the company and evaluating and developing a framework for assessing business development opportunities (including in-licensing, collaborations, M&A, equity and out-licensing deals). The role requires out-of-the box thinking and a willingness to stretch and bring innovative ideas and solutions to address day-to-day opportunities for Aspect.
You will leverage your expertise in life sciences consulting or investment banking to support strategic decision-making, identify growth opportunities, organize outreach and CRM functions, and contribute to our mission of advancing regenerative medicine.
- Conduct comprehensive opportunity assessment through primary and secondary market research and landscaping to identify new business opportunities and therapeutic application areas for Aspect’s Bioprinted Tissue Therapeutics platform.
- Analyze and keep abreast of the cell therapy market, technology, industry trends and competitor strategies to inform business strategy.
- Support the identification, sourcing and evaluation of technologies that align with scientific priorities ensuring business development strategies are well integrated with corporate objectives.
- Build out and implement industry-leading business development capabilities, processes and practices to identify and prioritize potential technology partnerships and maximize business opportunities.
- Support licensing and transactions with due diligence and risk assessment of high-impact technologies being considered for in-licensing or M&A.
- Coordinate and prepare for conference participation, partnering outreach, lead sheet prep, and conference follow-up.
- Maintain CRM database to track interactions with potential external partners.
- Support the company at national and international conferences, workshops, and other industry events as appropriate, ensuring professional and consistent branding, and execution of business development objectives.
- Collaborate across key internal functions (R&D, Operations, Legal and Finance) to ensure strong relationships and alignment with business development and corporate objectives.
- Establish, develop, navigate, manage and maintain positive internal and external business and partner alliances effectively ensuring alignment with organizational objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to engage and effectively influence team members across diverse teams while prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree required and Master’s Degree (MBA)/ PhD preferred.
- Three (3) plus years’ experience in life science consulting, strategy management consulting at premier consulting firms, and/or prior experience in similar roles in the cell & gene therapy industry.
- Prior exposure to the cell & gene therapy industry and regenerative medicine through research and/or life science consulting experience or a background in biomedical engineering, biology, and other medical related sciences.
- Strong market analysis and financial analysis skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Executive communication skills; highly capable of articulating Aspect’s value proposition and partnering interest to varied audiences.
- Strong influencing skills (e. g. up, down and across), preferably with experience navigating and influencing stakeholders with and without authority.
- Proven ability to develop relationships at all levels.
- Experience and/or familiarity with project management, CRM and data analysis platforms.
- Proven ability to stay on task, overcome obstacles, meet deadlines and milestones and deliver work by agreed upon dates.
- Strong interpersonal skills and eagerness to learn with significant flexibility in assignments, roles and responsibilities.
Who You Are
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Problem Solver: You love immersing yourself in difficult technical problems and coming up with solutions that work. You think outside the box and use your experience and intuition to identify when such solutions are realistic.
- Detail-Oriented & Meticulously Organized: You have outstanding attention to detail and take pride in your work. You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a track record for delivering work on time.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can effectively communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
The hiring range for this role is $100,000 - $143,000, annually. Our ranges are based on market data. Offered salaries will be based on a combination of factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience. For candidates who exceed role requirements, we are open to exploring above-range offers. Note that base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at Aspect. Members of the Aspect team also receive equity, a comprehensive benefits package, and support for continuous learning and career progression.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.