Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join Aspect Biosystem’s administrative team. The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support for Aspect Biosystems.
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical office support activities, ensuring timely adherence to deadlines.
- Prepare, review, and modify general templates, letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Excel workbooks and other correspondence materials.
- Record minutes at various meetings and distribute or file them accordingly.
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings, appointments and travel arrangements or reservations.
- Arrange virtual and in-person meetings, including coordinating set-up, take-down and catering requests.
- Assist in the preparation of expense reports.
- Operate with a large degree of autonomy and independently complete high-quality work to meet established goals.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Develop a thorough understanding of internal programs and processes.
- Manage the facilities including ordering kitchen and office supplies, managing inventory, and office equipment maintenance.
- Coordinate cleaning company contract and manage cleanliness of the office.
- Complete reception duties including coordinating incoming calls and receiving courier packages.
- Assist with the orientation of new and visiting team members.
- Provide general support to visitors by overseeing visitor check-in, security badges and parking space management.
- Coordinate and facilitate business and social events to promote the company.
- Participate in coordination of team social events.
- Assist with general IT-related requests.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
- Provide general administrative support for the Management Team, as required.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Related diploma or 5 years of directly related administrative experience in a similar environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical skills, experience with G-Suite preferred.
Who You Are
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and are not afraid to ask questions.
- Problem Solver: You love immersing yourself in difficult technical problems and coming up with solutions that work. You think outside the box and use your experience and intuition to identify when such solutions are realistic.
- Detail-Oriented & Meticulously Organized: You have outstanding attention to detail and take pride in your work and strive for excellence. You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a track record for delivering work on time.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can effectively communicate with different audiences in diverse situations.
- Time Management: You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.