Process Development Associate, Bioprinting
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
We are seeking a Process Development Associate with a passion for technology and GMP manufacturing to support our In Vivo Bioprinting team and become part of our group focused on the cGMP production of bioprinted primary and stem cell-derived tissue therapeutics for clinical use. In this role, you will develop, qualify, and where appropriate, validate processes necessary to manufacture bioprinted tissue therapeutics for clinical evaluation using Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology. You will also be involved in support activities for equipment and facility maintenance to ensure GMP compliance. This is an exciting opportunity for you to work closely with a team of tissue engineers, biomaterials experts, and biologists to optimize and qualify the GMP manufacturing of bioprinted tissues that could transform the way we treat diseases such as diabetes and liver disease.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Become a proficient user of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
- Clean and prepare production equipment.
- Clean, disinfect, and monitor production environments.
- Assemble, set-up, and disassemble production equipment.
- Execute process steps according to defined SOPs and BPRs.
- Document activities in accordance with cGMPs and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
- Support projects of medium to moderate scope (e.g., solution/bioink preparation, process scale exploration, operational excellence / process improvement, lab safety).
- Revise standard operating procedures (SOPs) and batch production records (BPRs).
- Cross train on production unit operations (e.g., bioprinting, bioprocessing,)
- Support qualification and validation activities.
- Recognize and troubleshoot process issues and initiate deviations with oversight.
- Become a qualified trainer for minor tasks and equipment.
- Support the collection and tracking of area metrics and process control data.
- Support team effort in the effective and timely completion of root cause investigations and CAPA implementation.
- Conduct all assigned activities in a safe and compliant manner.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Minimum high school diploma / GED coupled with biotechnology coursework and industry experience. BSc is highly preferred.
- Professional Experience: 2+ years experience in a compliant biotechnology manufacturing setting + aseptic mammalian cell culture experience preferred. Bioprinting experience highly desired.
- Beneficial Experience: You have worked within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and/or scientific methods. You have developed analytical skills and application of scientific methods or operational processes to perform a variety of activities.
- Critical Thinker: You are a motivated and organized critical thinker with the ability to effectively communicate to supervisor and peers.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence. You are well organized and functional in a dynamic work environment.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You have a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team to meet goals. You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.