Animal Care Technician
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
We are looking for team-oriented Animal Care Technician to provide husbandry and technical in vivo support for our various research programs. This is a rare opportunity to improve upon your animal technical skills whilst working on groundbreaking research programs
What You’ll Do
- Execute on study related husbandry and duties to ensure proper animal care practices.
- Support Scientist with restraint, handling, surgery, dosing, post-op care, and blood sampling.
- Maintain accurate records, including, animal monitoring sheets, room logs, health reports, cage cards, autoclave, and other documents as required.
- Complete scheduled health observations and assessments, update online data spreadsheets, and immediately communicate any animal anomalies observed.
- Monitor and maintain facility consumables for optimal day-to-day operations.
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to the animal facility.
- Ensure biosecurity controls, including cleaning/sanitation of the animal facility and equipment, environmental monitoring, and rodent health monitoring.
Who You Are
- Education: Diploma or BSc in relevant discipline.
- Professional Experience: You have 3+ years’ experience in a research laboratory and a working knowledge of animal related standards, CCAC guidelines and federal, provincial and local requirements is preferred.
- Required Certification: Completion of UBC animal care training and lab rodent courses.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective communicator: You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.
See more open positions at Aspect Biosystems
Something looks off?