Research Associate, In vivo
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, March 4, 2023
We are seeking a passionate and collaborative Research Associate to join our multi-disciplinary Preclinical R&D team. This is a hands-on role focused on the execution of our in vivo surgeries aimed at assessing our bioprinted therapeutics. This is a rare opportunity to improve upon your animal technical skills whilst working on groundbreaking research programs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform surgical procedures associated with our preclinical programs.
- Support animal handling such as basic manipulation, restraint, blood sampling, dosing, and injections
- Execute on study related husbandry and duties to ensure proper animal care practices.
- Contribute to in vivo study designs to assess bioprinted tissue device performance.
- Help defining appropriate surgical strategy, sample size, control and experimental study arms, and relevant endpoints.
- Assist in the development of study and animal use protocols with CROs and academic collaborators, then monitor those studies and interim reports, and review and provide feedback on the final study reports.
- Aid in the processing, coding storage, and transportation of bioprinted tissue sample batches for preclinical in vivo studies, assuring quality control and assurance measures in place.
- Secure and analyze in vivo pharmacology and biomarker study endpoints.
- Prepare and harvest tissues from animals and liaise with internal and third-party histology teams to analyze their histology and IHC results.
- Create SOPs, maintain rigorous experimental records, deliver experimental reports, and present experimental results to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to scientific publications, conference abstracts, patents, and grant applications.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: MSc or PhD in experimental medicine is preferred or a related discipline.
- Professional Experience: You have experience executing in vivo studies and working knowledge of animal related standards, CCAC guidelines, and federal, provincial, and local requirements is preferred.
- Required Certification: Completion of UBC animal care training and lab rodent courses.
- Liver Surgery Experience: Experience in liver surgery such as perfusion, partial hepatectomy, bile duct ligation, and etc. will be an asset.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail as well as experimental process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company creating bioprinted tissue therapeutics to transform how we treat disease. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to create a new class of regenerative medicine and work towards a future where our bioprinted tissues are used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Every person on our team is a key contributor to our success and is eager to roll up their sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. If you are committed to making a real impact and accelerating the development of life-changing therapies, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.
See more open positions at Aspect Biosystems
Something looks off?