Director - Governance, Risk, and Compliance
Ready to further your career in the fast-paced, exciting world of cyber security?
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. We have won countless awards for our excellence in security operations and remain dedicated to providing an industry-leading customer and employee experience.
Our mission is simple: End Cyber Risk. We’re looking for a Director – Governance, Risk, and Compliance to be part of making that happen.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands on, security and privacy GRC leader, with a great track record for building, managing and retaining high performance GRC teams. You excel in organizing, planning and delivering results and relish working with others to achieve critical security outcomes. You champion the customer’s right to privacy and security and build in those requirements into product offerings & services as well as day-to-day business processes. You will work directly with the rest of the Arctic Wolf pack to mature and maintain a sustainable GRC program for the enterprise.
- Recruit, manage, motivate and develop high performing security/privacy GRC teams.
- Partner with cross-functional Arctic Wolf leaders to mature and maintain a sustainable GRC program for the enterprise.
- Provide vision and hands-on leadership for developing and supporting initiatives in the areas of security and privacy policies, standards, training, external audits and gap assessments, continuous control monitoring, customer assurance and risk assessments.
- Design, maintain and communicate security/privacy assurance and compliance strategies and plans a specific focus on expansion of the security certification portfolio that are designed to keep Arctic Wolf in staying abreast of that stay abreast of regulatory and commercially driven framework requirements in markets AW expands to.
- Execute periodic organizational and asset level risk and impact assessments to identify security & privacy risks in a manner that drives AW leaders to invest in risk minimization efforts.
- Drive operational efficiencies through process and program improvements and implementation of automation toolsets to gain efficiencies.
- On an as-needed basis, provide advisory services to other teams on maintaining compliance with privacy and security policies and standards through the course of their business operations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience leading all aspects of a Security/Privacy GRC program with at least 3+ years in a SaaS or Tech organization.
- Proven experience with and including driving certifications for multiple domestic and international security & privacy frameworks/standards such as ISO 27001, ISO 27701, SOC2, GDPR, IRAP, FedRAMP/StateRAMP, HIPAA, PCI DSS, CMMC.
- Proven ability to develop and retain high perfoming GRC professionals.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, especially translating between business and technical terminology.
- Outstanding cross-functional partnership skills with a confirmed ability to lead multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities in a fast and constantly changing environment.
Other Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field; or equivalent experience.
- Certifications such as CRISC, CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc. are considered preferentially.
About Arctic Wolf:
At Arctic Wolf we’re cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow globally. We’ve been named one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world for 2022 (Fast Company)—and the 2nd Most Innovative Security Company. This is in addition to consecutive awards from Top Workplace USA (2021, 2022), Best Places to Work - USA (2021, 2022) and Great Place to Work - Canada (2021, 2022).
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and seeking to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
We celebrate unique perspectives by creating a platform for all voices to be heard through our Pack Unity program. We encourage all employees to join or create a new alliance. See more about our Pack Unity here.
We also believe and practice corporate responsibility, and have recently joined the Pledge 1% Movement, ensuring that we continue to give back to our community. We know that through our mission to End Cyber Risk we will continue to engage and give back to our communities.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Bonus or commission pay based on role
- Flexible time off, paid volunteer days and paid parental leave
- 401k match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Agreement
- Voluntary Legal Insurance
- Training and career development programs
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information (in accordance with our employee handbook and corporate policies).
- Background checks are required for this position.
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.