Senior Application Security Engineer
Ready to further your career in the fast-paced, exciting world of cyber security?
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. We have won countless awards for our excellence in security operations and remain dedicated to providing an industry-leading customer and employee experience.
Our mission is simple: End Cyber Risk. We’re looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer to be part of making this happen.
The Senior Application Security Engineer role is responsible for the implementation of measures to ensure the security of Arctic Wolf software systems, applications, code, and related components. This role will work within our Information Security Engineering team to deploy and operationalize technical security capabilities with open collaboration with the Research and Development Team.
- Develop secure coding & secure design principles
- Train developers, architects, code reviewers, and others on secure coding practices
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Application Security, providing guidance to Engineering and Product teams
- Develop standards and training for security testing tools focused on the application layer (e.g., SAST, DAST, IAST, SCA), threat modeling, penetration testing, red team, bug bounty and
- Work with development teams throughout the entire SDLC to ensure code is secure by design, secure by default, secure in deployment and communication
- Help software development teams to understand, and remediate security findings
- Research any reported or suspected application vulnerabilities
- Implement and configure off-the-shelf application security technologies in the Arctic Wolf internal environment.
- Create technical approaches to implementing application security control technologies.
- Contribute to a world-class security program that supports Arctic Wolf’s tremendous growth.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies
- Assist in developing security related libraries used in our environment
- Security metrics delivery and improvements.
- The ability to effectively partner and communicate with Engineering and Product teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, cybersecurity or related technical field; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in security or infrastructure engineering Including assessing and escalating to vendors for troubleshooting purposes.
- Thorough Understanding of modern software development practices
- Thorough understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and corresponding best practices for mitigation
- Experience in deploying application security technologies such as SAST, DAST, IAST, SCA, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructures, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Azure considered a strong plus.
- Analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions
- Prior experience securing large-scale web applications, including performing security code reviews, vulnerability assessments, and manual testing for logic flaws
- Experience working in a regulated environments (SOX, ISO 27001, etc)
About Arctic Wolf:
At Arctic Wolf we’re cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow globally. We’ve been named one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world for 2022 (Fast Company)—and the 2nd Most Innovative Security Company. This is in addition to consecutive awards from Top Workplace USA (2021, 2022), Best Places to Work - USA (2021, 2022) and Great Place to Work - Canada (2021, 2022).
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and seeking to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
We celebrate unique perspectives by creating a platform for all voices to be heard through our Pack Unity program. We encourage all employees to join or create a new alliance. See more about our Pack Unity here.
We also believe and practice corporate responsibility, and have recently joined the Pledge 1% Movement, ensuring that we continue to give back to our community. We know that through our mission to End Cyber Risk we will continue to engage and give back to our communities.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Bonus or commission pay based on role
- Flexible time off, paid volunteer days and paid parental leave
- 401k match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Agreement
- Voluntary Legal Insurance
- Training and career development programs
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information (in accordance with our employee handbook and corporate policies).
- Background checks are required for this position.
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.