Manager, Technical Leads
Ready to further your career in the fast-paced, exciting world of cyber security?
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. We have won countless awards for our excellence in security operations and remain dedicated to providing an industry-leading customer and employee experience.
Our mission is simple: End Cyber Risk. We’re looking for a Manager, Technical Leads to be part of making this happen.
About the Role:
As a Manager at Arctic Wolf, you will be responsible for hiring, training, and leading diverse teams of Technical Leads. You will work closely with our Executive and Security Leaders to drive and mature the strategy and operations for service delivery to a wide range of customer types and sizes. This role reports directly to the Director of Security Services Technical Leads.
In this role, you will have primary responsibility for cybersecurity operations, which will include intelligence, detection, and responses for all types of security threats. The role will support one of 4 primary focus areas: Concierge, Security Service Tools, Service Owner Group, Triage.
As a Manager, Technical Leads you will:
- Lead Service Delivery of security operations and proactive security recommendations.
- Establish appropriate standards, direct implementation, and identify and respond to information and security related incidents.
- Provide support, management, and direction to staff and departmental activities identify and deliver value added opportunities.
- Stay abreast of the latest threats and industry trends to update practices as necessary.
- Quantify risk from external networks, internal networks, and host-based agents.
- Conduct comprehensive risk profiling Managed Detection and Response.
- Conduct 24x7 advanced threat detection powered by a personalized Concierge Security team
- Establish and deliver Security Services grounded in security operations, incident response, threat hunting, threat intelligence, and vulnerability management.
- Maintain the process documentation for the SOC, in alignment of the North American Security Team.
- Work with Customer Success, R&D, and Product Management to ensure the operations center has the proper tools and process to deliver the service.
- Provides calm and clear leadership during major security incidents.
- Develop and report performance metrics that demonstrate business impact, operational efficiency, meeting service level objectives, and customer risk reduction.
Your experience could look like:
- An appetite for everything technical and an aptitude to lead.
- Ability to lead technical engineers, while still contributing to operational day to day asks.
- Demonstrated experience working in a global function, aligning with other locations delivering service to customers.
- Ability to work independently, manage projects, and exercise judgement in reaching solutions.
- Have extensive expertise in many areas of security including governance, risk and compliance and a thorough understanding of cybersecurity frameworks, regulatory compliance requirements and data privacy initiatives.
- Ability to lead a technology-focused and driven SOC team, to balance and prioritize across a fast-paced, growth-oriented global environment and to manage the team’s coverage and growth.
- Proven ability to rapidly analyze complex technical security threats and incident information to be able to communicate business-impacting risk to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required. Must be able to articulate information in presentation format in front of internal and external customers.
- Strong critical thinking, time management, and communication skills.
- Seven years or more experience in Security Operations/Security Consulting in a global organization with Cloud and SaaS products.
- Proven track record of leading Detection and Response (D&R), CSIRT, Vulnerability Management, Security Engineering, Cloud Security, or Red Teaming teams.
- Prior experience managing other senior engineers and technical teams
About Arctic Wolf
At Arctic Wolf we’re cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow globally. We’ve been named one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world for 2022 (Fast Company)—and the 2nd Most Innovative Security Company. This is in addition to consecutive awards from Top Workplace USA (2021, 2022), Best Places to Work - USA (2021, 2022) and Great Place to Work - Canada (2021, 2022).
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and seeking to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
We celebrate unique perspectives by creating a platform for all voices to be heard through our Pack Unity program. We encourage all employees to join or create a new alliance. See more about our Pack Unity here.
We also believe and practice corporate responsibility, and have recently joined the Pledge 1% Movement, ensuring that we continue to give back to our community. We know that through our mission to End Cyber Risk we will continue to engage and give back to our communities.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Bonus or commission pay based on role
- Flexible time off, paid volunteer days and paid parental leave
- 401k match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Agreement
- Voluntary Legal Insurance
- Training and career development programs
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information (in accordance with our employee handbook and corporate policies).
- Background checks are required for this position.
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.