Network and Technology Operations Analyst
Ready to further your career in the fast-paced, exciting world of cyber security?
Arctic Wolf is a global leader in security operations, delivering the first cloud-native security operations platform to end cyber risk. Powered by threat telemetry spanning endpoint, network, and cloud sources, the Arctic Wolf® Security Operations Cloud ingests and analyzes trillions of security events each week to enable critical outcomes for most security use cases. The Arctic Wolf® Platform delivers automated threat detection and response at scale and empowers organizations of any size to stand up world-class security operations with the push of a button.
Our mission is simple: End Cyber Risk.
Due to our continued growth we are now searching for a Network and Technology Operations Analyst. This role is a front-line Operations Center role, supporting our security services around the world. The NetOps OA troubleshoots product issues faced by customers, escalating to our Pack Support team as needed. This role is customer facing, as you will be dealing directly with customers and their issues.
The NetOps OA is responsible for providing expert, professional and skills support for the various Arctic Wolf products in our customer environments.
Troubleshoot and resolve various customer-facing issues including:
- Operational health of sensors and scanners in customer environments.
- End-point agent installation and operational issues.
- Cloud sensor configuration and communication issues.
- Support customers experiencing difficulties with our products via phone and online support tools.
- Triage customer requests, apply playbook driven solutions, document any new issues that are found with troubleshooting to solutions
- Strong communication skills and easily interact with a variety of different people and personalities. Success in this role depends on the effective handling of customer found issues and running them to solution.
- Understand the processes and systems Arctic Wolf uses, this will be critical in helping customers in support requests.
- Provide after-hours coverage for emergency situations
- BS / College Diploma in an IT discipline or 3 years in the IT industry experience
- CCNA, Network+ or equivalent
- Strong understanding of DHCP, DNS and VLANs
- Network operations center experience
- Customer facing experience
- Basic understanding of PowerShell, bash or other scripting languages
- Network Routing and Switching knowledge
- Virtual environment experience with VMware or Hyper-V
- Firewalls and IDS/IPS
- Linux, Windows, Mac operating systems
- Windows and Active Directory
- Network and Security Auditing
- Cloud technologies including AWS, Azure
- MCSE or Active Directory MCP certificates an asset
- Deployment tools such as GPO, SCCM, Intune, or Jamf
Why Arctic Wolf?
At Arctic Wolf we’re cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow globally.
We offer all wolves a compelling compensation and benefits packages, including 28 days per year annual leave, 8 bank holidays, paid time off to volunteer together with a comprehensive private medical and life insurance, pension, and company equity shares. Also, we want to ensure all employees to have a good work-life balance offering a robust Employee Assistance Programme, professional career progression and so much more!
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference, and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.
Come join the Pack during this exciting time of rapid growth where every employee makes a difference and their contributions are recognized and rewarded.