Associate Director, International Student Recruitment - Middle East/GCC/MENA Regions
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions on one intuitive and personalized platform. ApplyBoard is a mission-driven, hyper-growth organization. It has been attracting dedicated individuals for more than eight years who are inspired every day to break down barriers to international education and take their careers to new heights at a company that will invest in their career growth. Our six core values are our compass in our mission to Educate the World and the foundation of our unique company culture. As an organization built on a foundation of diversity, it’s important that our team members are representative of the students from more than 140 countries that we support.
ApplyBoard is looking to hire an Associate Director, International Student Recruitment, to help drive our ongoing expansion efforts in the Middle East/GCC and parts of the MENA region. We are looking for a strong leader who understands the diversity of these Markets and can further our mission of educating the world. The person best suited for this role will bring proven experience, strategic thinking and strong leadership experience to help the team further expand existing business and also grow new business, ensuring market share and profitability. This role will be responsible for managing overall operations, recruiting staff and creating marketing and sales plans while staying within budget. They will also develop and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and progress reports to ensure the team's targets are being met or exceeded.
What you'll be doing every day:
- Lead a team of sales professionals
- Set targets, performance plans, and rigorous objective standards for sales representatives
- Meet with reps one-on-one weekly to review performance, progress, and targets. Mentor, guide and help them continuously improve / think strategically
- Deliver deep performance reviews for each individual rep per quarter, per year
- Coach individual sales representatives one-on-one using value added sales methods, strong account support and prospecting within the accounts
- Work closely with reps to help them improve sales performance
- Develop a scalable sales process and ensure representatives adhere to it correctly
- Ensure that reps use sales technologies, such as a CRM (HubSpot), correctly.
- Ensure that reps follow their daily tasks, such as follows up with the customer and doing the assigned task by another team correctly
- Plan and implement training programs
- Hold regular skills training sessions with internal or external sales trainers.
- Recruit, select, onboard, and train new sales reps
- Unite the team: Ensure reps work as a positive unit and share their best practices
- Set a good example for the team by leading by example
- Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use good communication, and deliver results effectively
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Report any conflict of interest for sales representatives that occur
- Determine and assign sales quotas, targets, and/or goals
- Project and forecast annual and quarterly revenue and for multiple sales territories
- Develop sales strategies to help drive continuous growth with customers and in some cases, acquire new customers
- Track sales team metrics and share them with company leadership
- Analyze sales data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps
- Collaborate with marketing executives to develop lead generation plants
- Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends
- Plan, strategize, hire and grow underdeveloped or new regions
What you bring to the table:
- 7-10 years or more of experience in sales roles - Account Management and Business Development with companies of various size
- Strong knowledge of the Middle East / GCC / MENA Regions - education industry experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience managing a sales team with a track record of quota achievement and growth
- Experience with building and implementing a Go-to-Market strategy
- Having a successful track record of B2B sales
- Experience in creating and implementing administrative process documentation, designs, and other related technical materials that have made a sales team more efficient
- Experience creating and rolling out training manuals for sales and recruitment agents
- Experience in managing client escalations/Client Objection Handling
- Be hands-on with creating marketing collateral
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar budget
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,750 institutions across Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Ireland. Headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, and with an additional operational office in Gurugram, India, ApplyBoard has helped more than 600,000 students from over 150 countries fulfill their study abroad dreams since 2015.
In 2022, Deloitte named ApplyBoard one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Canada for the fourth consecutive year, ranking #30 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and #170 on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list. ApplyBoard ranked on LinkedIn’s 2022 Top Startups List in Canada in 2020, 2021, and 2022 and was recognized as CIX’s Innovator of the Year 2022 and the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 Ontario Winner. In 2023, ApplyBoard India was Great Place to Work® Institute (India) certified for outstanding employee experience and workplace culture.
Thank you for your interest in joining ApplyBoard on our mission to Educate the World. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
ApplyBoard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.