Associate Business Solutions Consultant - Cohort 5
Calgary, AB, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
About the The GovLab.ai
We transform the way you think about applied AI. Teams are structured around projects for the public sector, guided by the Project Delivery Manager, Product Owner, and Senior machine learning developers, to provide working models to support informed strategic decision-making around the use of key AI technologies in the public sector.
This would be a 4 month paid contract starting September 2023 and ending in December 2023. The deadline for submitting your application is May 31st, 2023. Assessments and interviews for this cohort group will be held in the month of June 2023, so please keep an eye out on your inbox for further information around that time frame.
Office as a Resource & Participating Universities: This opportunity is open for anyone that is currently enrolled at U of Alberta, U of Calgary(Only Masters student), U Waterloo, or U of Toronto. While we have offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we use our offices as a resource and are open to remote candidates.
As an Associate Business Solutions Consultant, you will work with our Public Sector Partners, including Service Alberta, and project teams to identify high value business problems that can be addressed with artificial intelligence or machine learning. You will be focused on defining and communicating the business impact of your assigned AI/ML use case to senior stakeholders in government, as well as in organizational change management and adoption planning. GovLab.ai’s mission is to set a global example of how to transform the public sector through applied AI, and is designed to encourage the growth of machine learning and AI skill sets that are in high demand across Alberta and around the world.
Our program experience is unique and designed to give you hands-on experience to prepare you for professional success. During the 4 month period you will be placed on a team to work on specific use case(s) identified by our Public Sector Partners. The role requires immersing yourself in complex customer workflows to understand data and business nuances that impact the design of AI/ML products. This role is responsible for providing support to synthesize many streams of information into a unified understanding of the business problem that can be communicated across project and customer teams. The Associate Business Solutions Consultant balances business requirements with customer needs, advocating on what is best for the customer. The Business Solutions Consultant Associate will work across business and technical disciplines to concept and define adoptable AI/ML solutions.
You will be given resources and mentorship to help with your growth and career advancement. The teams will be led by the Project Delivery Manager utilizing AltaML methodology to create working models for the viable use case(s), and help guide the teams to make recommendations on how best to implement the solution with our Partners.
Our ultimate goal is to set you up for success and have you hired in the future after your internship!
Step 1: Apply
Step 2: You will be notified during the first week of June if you are moving to the next stage (via email correspondence)
Step 3: Short Case Study Presentation Assessment
Step 4: 30 minute panel interview during the second week of June
Step 5: Background checks and offer!
Step 6: Welcome to GovLab!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2023 at 12:00 pm MST
What You'll Do:
- Assist with business requirements gathering & communicating to both internal and external stakeholders how AltaML can integrate machine learning solutions into our client’s business processes and workflows.
- Assist with facilitating workshops and client engagements to identify and refine machine learning opportunities
- Conduct research into key industry verticals and identify areas where machine learning may provide value and return on investment for customers
- Assist in preparing project business reports and presentations to current and potential customers
- Assist in identifying and documenting requirements for machine learning use cases
- Provide advice to the team related to the development and employment of machine learning solutions based on their deep understanding of the client’s requirements
What You Bring:
- Currently enrolled at U of Alberta, U of Calgary(Only Masters student), U Waterloo, U of Toronto, or Queens U
- Prior experience in working as a business analyst in software development, data analytics or AI projects is a definite plus
- Experience in concepting and defining digital products and solutions, AI products is an asset, including the development of requirements, personas, journey maps, wireframes, workflows, and prototypes. Experience with Miro and Figma is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Strong desire to learn
- Knowledge of one or more of the following industries: Public Sector, Health Care, Oil and Gas, Environmental Sciences, Disaster Management, Finance, Social Services, Information Technology, or Supply Chain is an asset
- Collaboration skills including an ability to advise a cross-functional team of machine learning developers, project delivery managers and IT specialists
- Ability to work with clients to understand their needs and make recommendations for acceptable solutions
First Nations Acknowledgment
As this role is an opportunity in Calgary, Alberta - AltaML would like the opportunity to acknowledge the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) and the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Piikuni, the Kainai, the Tsuut’ina and the Stoney Nakoda First Nations, including Chiniki, Bearpaw, and Wesley First Nations. The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III.
AltaML is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
See more open positions at AltaML
Something looks off?