Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
AltaML is a leading North American applied AI company with extensive experience in building and operationalizing AI solutions. We call our business model Invent and Scale, from industry agnostic to industry focused, which encompasses focus and domain expertise combined with an ability to understand workflows and how to get to generalizability with data. AltaML has multiple functional disciplines and joint ventures.
We are a company like no other – we believe in making small bets, failing fast, and being better together. We are looking for creative problem-solvers who obsess about the customer to find wins across different industries.
We don’t hire for fit; we hire to add. We are looking for people who play our core values of being: Agile, Gritty Humble, and Happy. If you’re passionate about AI/ML, thrive in a dynamic environment, and want to work with a diverse team of wickedly smart people, we want to hear from you!
AltaML Inc. is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) for the Co-CEO office. Working directly with our Co-CEOs and Executive team, the successful incumbent will provide exceptional support by proactively anticipating the business needs and thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. In addition to supporting the Co-CEOs of AltaML, the incumbent will be responsible for liaising with the GMs and/or CEOs of our Joint Ventures and offer board secretary and EA support as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Calendar Management:-
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the Co-CEOs and the Executive team, prioritizing inquiries and requests, while troubleshooting scheduling conflicts.
- Proactively work with the CEOs to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately and anticipating other needs.
- Meeting Coordination:-
- Balance the roles of "gatekeeper" and "gateway", providing a bridge for smooth communication between the Co-CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team.
- Coordinate and handle all logistics for executive team meetings and board meetings, events, and retreats, including: scheduling meetings, coordinating travel itineraries, drafting agendas, developing, compiling, and distributing Board materials, and recording meeting minutes in the capacity of Board Secretary.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Communications and Outreach:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external provincial and federal constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Co-CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect Co-CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Coordinate the Co-CEO's outreach activities and follow up with the connections made by the Co-CEOs to cultivate ongoing relationships in private, public, governmental, and tertiary institutional sectors across North America.
- Act as a "barometer" for the company by staying current with current environmental and economic issues and trends..
- Coordinate timelines for business updates from our joint ventures, to be collated into the AltaML board communications for quarterly BOD meetings. Liaise and provide support to the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with the communications team regarding requirements and logistics for strategic speaking opportunities.
- Conduct research on the audience and attendees of external public events and conferences, and make recommendations to the Co-CEOs and leadership team on participation and engagements as required.
- Administrative Support and Office Services Management:
- Complete projects by assigning tasks to appropriate teams, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the Co-CEO and manage timelines.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and boards of directors.
- Support with completing accurate expense reports.
- Role model desired behaviors by supporting the office, facilities, and creating a safe, welcoming and hospitable environment for all team members, clients, and visitors.
- Evaluate and assist in developing workplace policies and procedures
- Anticipate future needs as the organization scales and make appropriate recommendations to support growth
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; Business Administrative certification/degree preferred.
- Project Management certification is considered an asset.
- 5+ years of Executive Assistant experience, including 2+ years in managing corporate governance in a start-up or high growth environment.
- Advanced working knowledge of G-Suite and Microsoft Office; expertise in Todoist, Tadum, HubSpot, Docusign, Zoom, Netsuite, and Adobe considered an asset.
- Track record of communication and engagement with internal and external stakeholders including executive and C-suite leaders, as well as external governmental bodies.
- Experience researching, drafting, and editing correspondence for government relations.
- Knowledge of the relevant governmental legislative processes is an asset.
- Proven experience in writing successful grant applications and designing complex documents for executive review.
- Previous experience with facilities and event management responsibilities; including vendor and contract management, risk management, and development of policies and procedures.
- Proven organizational, time-management, and project management abilities.
- Ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and problem-solve with a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, candor, and confidentiality.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to handle high-stress situations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work from our Edmonton office 5 days a week, with on-call availability and occasional travel requirements. Our office is located at #2200, 10130 103 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5J 3N9
- Occasional travel across provinces may be required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $60-70K
- Our benefits include: Uncapped vacation, growth and career progression at lightning speed, working with PhD and master level team members, competitive health benefits, RRSP matching, focus on health and wellness, office is seen as a resource (offices loaded with snacks and Bubly), and big Slack energy.
- Employment term: Full-time, permanent
- Language requirements: English
- Note - the incumbent is targeted to start this position in and around June 2023
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
First Nations Acknowledgment
As this role is an opportunity in Edmonton, Alberta - AltaML would like to acknowledge that we are on the traditional lands, referred to as Treaty 6 Territory and that the City of Edmonton and all the people here are beneficiaries of this peace and friendship treaty. Treaty 6 encompasses the traditional territories of numerous western Canadian First Nations, including Cree, Dene (DEN–Ē), Stoney Nakota Sioux, Saulteaux (SO-TO), and Ojibwe (OJIB-WĒ). AltaML is dedicated to ensuring that the spirit of Treaty 6 is honoured and respected.
AltaML is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
We Look for A-Players Who:
- Express our core values
- Are hungry for knowledge
- Want to learn new skills
- Are respectful
- Collaborate with others across the whole company
- Share knowledge with coworkers
- Educate and promote AI and ML concepts both internally and externally
- Have a high work ethic and are self-motivated
🌴Uncapped Vacation - For all full time, permanent employees. Seriously, take the time you need - when you need it.
🚀Make an Impact - Witness the impact your work contribution has on the success of our company.
👩🏿💻Working with PhD and Master Level Colleagues - Endless conversations around the latest in Machine Learning and Applied AI.
🩺Competitive Benefits - For all full time, permanent employees.
🏢 Office as a Resource - Hybrid work environment with state-of-the-art office spaces that ignite collaboration.
⚡Big Slack Energy - IYKYK.
You will be working in a high-paced environment focused on creating unique ML solutions to problems across multiple industries to generate impactful value. You will be working at a company with employees who have multiple years of industrial and academic experience in data science, software engineering, product development, and machine learning fields.
You will be able to experience a collaborative company culture, which means we believe in working hard, getting the job done, and enjoying the group social on Fridays. You’ll also get flexibility in where you work, what hours you work, how much vacation you take, and what you wear. We expect hard work but respect work/life balance.
At AltaML, we are driven by our core values. We believe that by embodying these values in everything we do, we will exceed our customer’s expectations while creating a positive and empowering work environment for our team members. We are dedicated to living our values and strive to make them the foundation for our success.
We are entrepreneurial, determined, and resilient, pushing through challenges to achieve our goals.
We make decisions based on “little bets” creating a safe space to take risks. We embrace an interactive process, allowing ideas to fail quickly or be scaled iteratively. Together, we continuously refine and improve our approach to reach the desired outcome.
We listen to data, embrace new ideas, admit limitations and take ownership to solve problems. We constantly push ourselves to improve and excel.
We ignite passion and purpose by fostering a dynamic work environment. We encourage tap dancing to work, common sense over rules, empowering team members to find joy in their contributions, and being your authentic self.
See more open positions at AltaML
Something looks off?