Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, Sensor Fusion
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
We are the AAA (Auto curation, Auto labeling, Augmentation) team, we practice data centric AI. To support various ML model developments for self-driving, we need to create good datasets that shall be cleaned, balanced, and annotated. The AAA team focuses on several DataOPs including data QC, curation, creation, auto labeling, augmentation etc.
What you'll do:
- Design, implement, validate and deploy offline object detection, tracking and fusion to automatically create annotations on AWS from logged sensor data (Cameras, Lidars, Radars)
- Enhance and improve our existing auto labeling tools
- Deploy and optimize the performance of the cloud-based tools
- Outperform online perception’s detection and tracking
- Contribute to the research, development, and improvement of data centric AI tools
- Participate in team meetings to share progress, collaborate on new ideas, and address any challenges
- Stay updated on the latest developments in AI and ML for autonomous driving
- Participate in technical discussions, brainstorming sessions, and other team meetings
- Develop and maintain thorough documentation for all developed pipelines and tools
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Strong coding skills
- Advanced data structure and algorithms
- Cloud computing
- Proven experience designing and developing ML models
- Familiar with at least one deep learning framework such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Hands-on experience with deep learning and computer vision
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Doctorate Degree
- Prior experiences in object detection, tracking and fusion
- Advanced AWS skills
- Data centric AI experience
- Publication record in top venues in computer vision and/or machine learning, e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ICRA, IROS, ECCV, NeurIPS, and SIGGRAPH
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.