Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
Assist the Financial Reporting & Accounting Manager, Senior, with all internal and external financial reporting requirements of the company. Responsibilities include preparing the consolidated financial statements, drafting the required footnotes, and analyzing significant trends and fluctuations period over period. Help prepare and coordinate periodic audits and reviews by external auditors. Actively search, analyze, and resolve discrepancies in records, statements, closing statements, reports, and support the month-end and year-end close process. Develop, modify, and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls, and improve efficiency.
What you'll do:
- Prepare monthly financial statements for internal reporting purposes.
- Identify intercompany balances and prepare eliminating entries.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Assist with developing system reports to streamline financial reporting process.
- Assist with the translation of subsidiary financial data.
- Provide review and oversight of subsidiary financial statements.
- Analyze significant fluctuations period over period on the 4 basic statements and document the primary drivers.
- Drive the compilation of supporting schedules and drafting of the required footnote disclosures.
- Assist with technical research as it relates to IFRS, US GAAP, and local GAAP guidance, requirements, and documentation.
- Assist with the preparation for, and coordination of, the periodic audits and reviews by external auditors.
- Assist with internal audit procedures as needed.
- Ensure sufficient documentation is maintained to support necessary disclosures.
- Actively search, analyze, and resolve discrepancies in records, statements, closing statements, and reports.
- Support the month-end and year-end close process.
- Monitor efficiency of accounting controls, procedures, and software programs, referring irregularities or non-compliance to the Financial Reporting and Accounting Manager, Senior.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and/or procedures to improve efficiency.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field of study.
- Active CPA license.
- 6+ years of accounting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience with preparation of financial statements and consolidations.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to build trust and strong working relationships, effectively create and proofread documents and reports, and communicate to a diverse workforce.
- Keen attention to detail to identify problems and processes that don’t comply with protocol.
- Critical/logical thinking to identify problems and provide solutions to ensure efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation and collaborative style.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain competing demands simultaneously with frequent interruptions and in a fast- paced environment.
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism.
- Experience with Workday accounting systems is a plus.
- Experience with Workiva’s Wdesk platform is a plus.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.