About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
Join our growing Cyber Security team under our new CISO leadership. This team is responsible for developing a strategic security and risk management program, implementing security policies and procedures, and managing security technologies. As Torc continues to pave the way for the commercialization of autonomous trucking, this team will be instrumental in ensuring the security and trustworthiness of our systems.
The Cybersecurity Architect is a highly skilled, deeply technical, and experienced Senior Cybersecurity Architect who will serve as a global thought leader in our cybersecurity team and company. In this global position your responsibility will be to play a pivotal role in designing and implementing robust security solutions to safeguard our organization's information systems and data assets. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, emerging threats, and industry best practices, along with a proven track record of successfully architecting and implementing comprehensive cybersecurity solutions in a growing, fast-paced, and exciting autonomous vehicle industry.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive cybersecurity architecture that aligns with Torc goals and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with Torc engineering teams to optimize cybersecurity capabilities within our environment.
- Design and implement secure solutions for cloud environments (primarily AWS), on-premises systems, and hybrid infrastructures.
- Evaluate and recommend security technologies and tools to enhance the organization's security posture.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify and prioritize potential security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop risk mitigation strategies and ensure effective risk management practices.
- Define security functional requirements and non-functional requirements to meet the business objectives of a solution.
- Work with stakeholders in the selection and evaluating candidate security solutions.
- Work with stakeholders to design and document the conceptual and detailed designs of security solutions.
- Support the development of security standards, reference architectures, patterns, and guidelines.
- Assess effectiveness of security controls i.e. data protection, IAM, detective controls, infrastructure/network security, incident response.
- Identify and drive implementation of appropriate controls, processes, and remediation of non-compliance.
- Research and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security maturity roadmap.
- Act as a subject matter expert for advisory, review and approval of security designs, configurations, baselines, and technical standards.
- Define and enforce security policies, standards, and procedures in accordance with industry regulations and compliance requirements.
- Keep abreast of changes in global cybersecurity regulations and standards, as well as ensure continuous compliance.
- Represent Torc’s security program with external stakeholders such as investors, partners, vendors, and industry groups.
- Participate in customer and vendor meetings and workshops.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Demonstrates competencies and skills typically achieved through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Progressive experience (10+ years) in the cybersecurity field.
- Proven expertise in architecture and design.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA are highly desirable.
- Engineering-minded approach that values operations and practical application over theory.
- In-depth knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks, standards, and best practices.
- Experience with cloud security, network security, application security, and endpoint security.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience working with technical teams and leading others through detailed processes and results driven strategies.
- Keen attention to detail to identify problems and processes that don’t comply with protocol.
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation and collaborative style.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain competing demands simultaneously with frequent interruptions and in a fast paced environment.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.