Staff Test Strategy Engineer - Hardware-in-the-Loop
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the team
The test strategy team is responsible for defining and implementing the test strategy and tracking the overall testing progress ranging from the software unit to a fleet of SAE L4 automated trucks. We support the design, build-up, and qualification of our test environments. We engage with various stakeholders from systems engineering & software development to virtual & physical testing to ensure a consistent verification & validation workflow. We develop concepts to implement and scale methods such as scenario-based testing for our overall verification and validation strategy.
What you’ll do
As part of the test strategy team, you’ll define our strategy around the Hardware-in-the-Loop test platforms. You will work with various teams to design, build, and maintain our HiL infrastructure as well as specify, implement, execute, and evaluate the tests in those environments.
- Identify the needs for our HiL setups and test benches together with various stakeholders
- Drive the design and build-up of the required HiL setups
- Define our test strategy for the test levels covered by HiL testing in accordance with automotive standards
- Communicate overall status and prepare management decisions
- Collaborate closely with internal and external partners on the test management for verification and validation
- Support tool qualification processes (ISO 26262-8)
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies for verification and validation of autonomous driving functions
What you‘ll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in engineering, computer science, natural sciences or related field with 10+ years of working experience OR A Master’s of Science degree and 7+ years of working experience.
- Experience with design, build-up and qualification of HiL test environments
- Experience with test specification, execution, and automation
- Experience with managing engineering & testing service providers across time zones
- Knowledge of quality, safety & security standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262, ISO 21448, ISO 21434 or comparable standards from other domains)
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders on various hierarchical levels and across different time zones
- Excellent active listening skills with the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Ability to gather and parse information in an ambiguous situation to derive a tactical strategy to solve a complex problem.
- Willingness to travel on a quarterly basis.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (SysML or similar)
- Experience with automotive development processes – especially combination of stage-gate process for hardware development with agile software development
- Experience with qualification of software tools according to ISO 26262-8
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.