Software Engineer - Developer Environments
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
We are seeking people who are passionate about making a difference in the world. Torc is growing, and we’re assembling teams of creative, ambitious people who have the tenacity to make the impossible possible. Join us as we make our roads, workplaces, and missions safer for everyone.
Our culture is one of openness and transparency and our work reflects that. Torc’rs are encouraged to bring forward new ideas and initiatives, and no matter what job you are working on, you’ll be able to directly observe how your contribution comes to life in the solutions we create together.
What you'll do:
We’re looking for engineering professionals with expert-level skills in software development and automation combined with experience working in the area of developer enablement to bring new ideas, optimizations, and best practices to the entire software organization. As a software engineer focused on tool development and automation, you will work closely with a passionate team of engineers to improve the processes that support the development of high-quality safety-critical software for self-driving vehicles.
- Scan the landscape of current tools and processes and find ways to enhance our ability to create, test, and deliver high-quality software that supports the autonomous driving system.
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable software build and delivery solutions, including management of packages, dependencies, and artifacts.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and enforce best practices for software development and quality assurance in compliance with existing standards.
- Create new tools that benefit the company, emphasizing automation over manual process, integration of systems to enhance business efficiency, and optimizing employee productivity.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Degree(s) in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field with relevant experience as specified below:
- M.S. with 0-3+ years of experience OR B.S. with 4+ years of experience
- Proficiency in advanced build systems (Bazel, BuildBarn)
- Proficiency in Linux platforms (Ubuntu, Centos)
- Proficiency in high-level and scripting languages (C++, Python, bash, groovy)
- Proficiency in version control systems (Git)
- Continuous integration/Continuous delivery concepts and tools
- Strong ideation skills, creativity, and proactive problem solving
- Troubleshooting skills (real-time and in-depth analysis)
- Test automation principles and design
- Performance metrics and analysis
- Proficiency with static analysis tools (Cppcheck, Clang-Tidy)
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Configuration management, Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience working with industrial coding standards such as MISRA, AUTOSAR, etc.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.