Data Scientist Co-op - Masters Degree
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you'll do:
We are seeking a Data Scientist Co-op to help analyze, model, visualize, and interpret data that is retrieved from self-driving trucks. You will be responsible for working closely with ML development teams and annotation teams & driving action with automated tools.
- Analyze, model, and interpret enterprise-scale data sets (tabular as well as non-tabular).
- Design and implement data modeling algorithms using machine learning techniques and industry-standard tools and processes.
- Conduct experiments, create visualizations with statistical insights to drive ML model improvements.
- Improve productivity of annotators with automated tools.
- Expand knowledge of big data technologies and the use of cloud platforms for modeling and analytics.
Candidates are expected to work 20-40 hours a week during the duration of their co-op.
Torc Internships and Co-Ops provide a great way for you to hone your skills and see what life at Torc is all about. Our goal is to enable Interns and Co-Ops to become full-time Torc’rs.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Candidate must be a full-time student currently pursuing a graduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field, with data science concentration.
- 0-2 years of experience in analyzing and modeling autonomous driving datasets (Image/Lidar/Radar)
- Must have analytical and statistical rigor to tell stories with data
- Basic knowledge of Linux platforms
- Familiarity with Statistical modeling, Deep Learning, Experimentation, Machine learning frameworks and pipelines
- Familiarity with one or more Dashboarding tools: Dash, Plotly, Streamlit
- Familiarity with Cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Basic knowledge of software development process, from requirements-gathering to design, implementation, and testing.
- Start Date: Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- End Date: December, 2023 or May 2024 with potential to extend.
- Location: Remote; Hybrid
- Employment Status: Full-time/flexible hours during school
- Pay Transparency: The rate visible on the posting is for a masters degree. Compensation subject to change based on degree.
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.