Staff Engineer Test Strategy & Test Management
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do
You’ll define and implement the test strategy and track overall testing progress for our autonomous trucks ranging from the software unit to a fleet of SAE L4 automated trucks. You will engage with various stakeholders from systems engineering & software development to virtual & physical testing to ensure a consistent verification & validation workflow. You will develop concepts to implement and scale methods such as scenario-based testing for our overall verification and validation strategy.
- Define and implement our test strategy in accordance with automotive standards
- Collaborate closely with internal and external partners on the test management for verification and validation
- Communicate overall test status and prepare management decisions
- Ensure suitability of our virtual and physical test platforms together with test platform owners
- Coordinate and support software tool qualification processes
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies for verification and validation of autonomous driving functions
What you‘ll need to succeed
- Master of Science degree in engineering, computer science, natural sciences or related field with 8+ years of working experience
- Software test management experience for safety critical products
- Knowledge of quality, safety & security standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262, ISO 21448, ISO 21434 or comparable standards from other domains)
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders across different time zones
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills
- Business fluent English language sl
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (SysML or similar)
- Experience with typical (automotive) test platforms
- Experience with automotive development processes – especially combination of stage-gate process for hardware development with agile software development
- Experience with qualification of software tools according to ISO 26262-8
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.