Internship Python Developer
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The team does the system engineering of the virtual driver stack that contains sensors and computes. We are looking for motivated individuals who seek making automated driving a reality.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the development of a Python tool that supports the design of our perception sensor suite.
- Write clean code with unit tests based on a maintainable software architecture
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Enrolled in computer science, natural sciences, engineering or related field Experience with Python and Linux Knowledge in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills, willingness to work in an international team including ability to interact with remote locations over different time zones.
- Nice to have: Experience on using GitHub (working with branches, adding/ managing action tests)
- You must be willing to be based locally in Stuttgart, Germany for the duration of the internship. The position is hybrid (partially working from office and partially working from home).
- Required 40 hour work week.
- Required valid work permit.
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.