Account Manager - Calgary
Alethea is a Calgary-based eConsult and communications platform for all Family Physicians and Nurse Practitioners in Alberta. Alethea helps primary care providers access faster specialist care and advice. Currently, Alethea provides eConsultation for 20 specialties in Alberta, along with AI diagnostic support for ENT and Dermatology. We are actively expanding into new markets in BC and Ontario.
Our technology enables providers to record images through our mobile app and online portal, and use our AI decision support tool. Through our platform, an eConsult can be sent to our team of specialists. The referring provider will receive recommendations for treatment and follow-up within 24-48 hours without the need to wait months to years for a traditional consultation.
Alethea is seeking an enthusiastic, engaged, and highly motivated Account Manager in Calgary to help us increase our growth in Calgary and Southern Alberta. We are a team focused organization and the Account Manager will work closely with the rest of the Business Development team, and will report to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
The Account Manager will be a remote position in Calgary, with time spent on the road visiting medical clinics and clients in the Southern Alberta region. While we maintain a 40-hour workweek with typical hours being 8-4 M-F, we understand that meetings and responsibilities can sometimes extend beyond regular hours. We offer flex time to balance out any overtime.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing our client base of Family Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Specialist Physicians. This will be done through direct interaction with individual (potential) clients and through our market communication programs.
At Alethea, you will be part of a collaborative environment working closely with a small, dedicated team of around 13 professionals. You will work directly with the Sales and Marketing Manager to refine a business development plan for Southern Alberta. This provides a structured approach to fulfilling our strategic goals in the area of market development in Calgary and rural Southern Alberta. It will be the responsibility of the Account Manager to execute upon this plan.
You will also work with the Product Implementation Manager to onboard new users to the platform, share product updates, and execute the communications workflow as set-out directed to improve user experience and adoption.
The following activities will be part of (but not limited to) the job:
- Translate the business development plan into actions and measurable outcomes
- Maintain excellent relations with our current and future client base
- Engage with clients to present the product and to raise interest for our offering
- Execute marketing and sales campaigns (Clinic drop-offs, mail outs, webinars)
- Create winning proposals for misc. clients
- Organize and host marketing events to present our product (lunch and learn, education sessions, etc.)
- Create interesting and relevant content for our marketing channels (including social media and website)
- Work with our CRM system to track clients through their sales life cycle
- Participate in weekly management team meetings
- Work with the Product Development and Customer Success teams to provide input for product improvements
- Perform billing administration for Alethea’s Plus users
- Collaborate with the business development team to create new content for Alethea’s social media and blog postings
Although we see the success of the company as a joint responsibility, the following metrics have been defined to measure the success of the Account Manager
- Customer satisfaction
- Increase in customer usage rates
- Increase in revenue
- Increase in the number of monthly onboardings
- Quality of the sales pipeline (clients identified, engaged, deals closed etc)
- Contributions to company development
- Contributions to culture and company happiness
For this role, we are more interested in personality and behavioral skills than in degrees or diplomas etc. We are looking for a person who is highly motivated and easily connects with people:
- Experience in business development or account management is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- A willingness to travel and visit clinics as part of the role
- Familiarity with healthcare industry practices would be a plus
- Digital marketing experience is a bonus