Senior Software Developer - Python R&D
Alert Labs is looking for an experienced developer who is passionate about solving real-world problems to reduce the environmental impact of infrastructure throughout North America. This is a senior software development and technical leadership role within our data science team, which is responsible for turning raw data into actionable insights.
This position is available as a fully remote role within Canada, or a hybrid role in Kitchener, Ontario.
What kinds of activities will you do as a Senior Back End Software Developer on the Data Science team?
As a senior software developer, your core responsibility will be the architecture and execution of back-end software projects. You will participate in research and development projects with the data science team and use your engineering background to support other team members to excel, applying practices in software development.
What’s our tech stack?
Alert Labs’ Data Science and Analytics team uses Python as our primary development language. Most analytics are conducted in a stateful streaming architecture that uses Kafka for telemetry and event streams, with MongoDB for state persistence. The Alert Labs platform uses Typescript on Node.js for other services.
- You take ownership for successfully executing challenging projects
- Develop requirements, identify gaps, generate and test hypotheses
- Develop written designs, including software architecture and work plans
- Get the project done, hands-on and with other team members
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other developers
- Analyze problems and synthesize solutions by applying both technical skill and consideration of the business case. You can push the boundaries and develop novel solutions.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science/engineering and 5+ years of professional experience.
- A track record of successfully leading projects or a small team of other developers
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms, databases, and/or distributed systems
- Communicate effectively with people in different roles. You are open to learning and to mentoring.
- You have at least a basic understanding of Python and are an ace in your language of choice.
Nice to Haves:
- Comfortable in Python, Typescript and in a lower-level language such as C++
- Experience developing and validating software that is both cutting-edge and production-ready
- Interest in statistical analysis, machine learning, and related topics
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS or Azure
We’re confident you’ll find both plenty to contribute and lots to learn here at Alert Labs. Check us out here to meet the team: https://www.alertlabs.com/company/meet-the-team
Something looks off?