Senior Developer - Scheduling
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We are a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 550+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home healthcare software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the Role:
As a Senior Developer, your focus will be on building high quality and high performance features for our product. You will play a key role in scoping the team’s technical work, using their knowledge to ensure it is properly sequenced, designed, and implemented. You will also use your experience to apply a critical-thinking and solution-oriented mindset in all you do, with emphasis on continuous delivery and monitoring.
About the Project:
Our mission is to help home healthcare agencies schedule and process client visits in the most efficient way possible. We make it easier to find the best employee for every client by considering the employee’s expertise and matching it with the client’s needs. We solve unique challenges around optimizing visits across a large number of employees and clients, adapting to changes in availability and client preferences, always ensuring that every client can get the care they require.
A day in the life:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software features.
- Be obsessed about building excellent features that our clients will love using and apply ambitious standards of quality and performance to every piece you build.
- Contribute technical knowledge and leadership to your team products and assist in improving your colleague's skills through technical mentoring, role-modelling, coaching, and knowledge-sharing.
- Participate in code reviews to lead technical innovation in component re-use, extensibility, maintainability, and scalability.
- Monitor your code in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering.
- Participate in setting the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of innovative technologies and industry trends.
- Identify gaps in product requirements and work with Product and your Engineering Manager to design features that meet client needs.
- Help team members understand core concepts and tools of their craft.
- Anticipate problems, recognize barriers, and proactively raise concerns to management and to senior members of the technical organization.
- In the future, participate in an on-call rotation (that respects your time) to support your team's software.
What you bring to the team:
- 4+ years professional software engineering experience.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or Engineering or demonstrated learning experience.
- Experience with SQL databases and building queries optimized for performance.
- Experience using Git, CI/CD tools, Docker, SQL Alchemy, cloud computing platforms (AWS preferred).
- Appetite for excellence in day-to-day tasks, from coding to writing documentation.
- Experience making difficult technical decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (in written and spoken English) targeting both technical and non-technical audiences.
Location, and in-office requirements:
AlayaCare supports a flexible hybrid working model, expecting that our employees have a regular in-office presence at their closest office location while offering flexibility for some remote work. Our team encourages in-person collaboration and with this, the preferred candidate location for this position would be within the Greater Montreal Area.
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Work where you feel most engaged and productive with our Superflex working models, whether that be at home or in one of our beautiful offices
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
If you require accommodation as part of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, we do not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.