AlayaCare is a fast-growing mature SaaS start-up with a presence in Australia, Canada and the United States who are revolutionizing the way aged and disability care is delivered for Residential and Community care organizations. Focussing on the former, the AlayaCare Residential product improves care outcomes and increases profit and productivity while dramatically reducing errors and redundancy for Residential Aged Care facilities (aka rest homes, retirement villages). We are driven by our purpose of enabling the care we want our loved ones to receive in the place they call home. We have an open and transparent culture, our teams are highly diverse, and we are committed to a workplace where we all feel that we can be ourselves.
About the Role:
AlayaCare is looking for a passionate Data Developer to join the Residential engineering team on the West Coast of Canada. Bring your voice as an equal member of the Agile team and collaborate in the development lifecycle as you create reporting solutions that enable our customers to deliver the clinical and financial operations of their facilities.
As a Data Developer, you will contribute to our suite of reports built within our business intelligence tool ‘Logi Report’. You will create new reports, maintain existing reports, and look to enhance our offerings with the addition of dashboards and visual data representations. You will troubleshoot incidents, customer escalations, and performance bottlenecks as they arise. Depending on your experience, you will also help to shape plans to evolve our reporting solution over the longer term.
A day in the life:
- Participate as a full-time team member of a cross-functional Agile Scrum development team
- Create stored procedures and data objects specific to each report
- Create pixel-perfect reports in Logi Report Designer
- Create reporting dashboards in various parts of the application
- Work with the team to understand the detailed requirements and design high-quality and high-performance solutions
- Understand how your work is affected by and affects other parts of the system
- Develop and manage reporting-related changes to the central database as well as the report collection
- Use the Local Development Environment and cloud environments to deploy PRs
- Share knowledge and experience, provide guidance and support to team members
- Intelligently question and expose assumptions as early as possible in the development workflow, to clearly understand what your team is going to build
- Attend all relevant team meetings and agile ceremonies
- Participate in capacity planning and provide estimations for your work in the sprints
- Work with other developers on the interface between the reporting solution and the main app, and to support the entire reporting solution.
- Participate in code reviews to lead technical innovations in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability and scalability.
- Produce written lightweight documentation - such as background info, scenarios, business rules, examples, questions and decisions.
- Join our quest for continual improvement by identifying opportunities and recommending solutions to optimize and evolve work processes and methods
- Suggest improvements to the development process to deliver faster with higher quality
What you bring to the team:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent related experience
- 3+ years of experience involving report development with business intelligence tools such as Logi Report, Looker, Power BI or Tableau
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL and SQL Server profiler
- Experience creating dashboards and visual reporting elements
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries and analyse them for performance optimisation
- Understanding of reporting data models
- Very strong written, descriptive and oral communication skills
- Collaborative, passionate, self-motivated individual who works well in a team or individual setting, and takes pride in their work
- Proactive problem solver and critical thinker
- Exposure to Agile scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of Git version control, API testing tools like Postman, browser built-in developer tools, and Docker and other DevOps tools and systems
- Strong understanding of data integrations and extract/transform/load processes. Ability to develop processes that automate data flows from source systems into reporting data models
- Experience in frontend application development
- Experience with DevOps tooling, pipelines, and build systems
- Development skills to manage the integration between the application and the business intelligence platform
- Familiarity with API development
- Comfort using the command line
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients
- Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Flexible working models and beautiful office spaces
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
At AlayaCare, we believe in fair and equitable compensation. Adhering to British Columbia's pay transparency laws, we are committed to providing competitive remuneration for this role.