- Full-time / Permanent role
- Hybrid (mix of WFH and in-office)
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, or Adelaide location preferred
Does a competitive salary package with bonus company stock, flexible hybrid work, 5 wellness days/year, Up to 90 days/year working from anywhere in the world, Bonus flexible benefits package of $1250/year and a fantastic team culture spike your interest?
AlayaCare are seeking a Data Expert with experience utilising Python & SQL to join our Technical Services team as a Data Specialist.
AlayaCare are a fast-growing scale-up with a presence in Australia, Canada and the United States, who are revolutionising the way aged and disability care is delivered. Our software offers a complete technology solution for residential and community care organisations. Focused on driving better outcomes for the aged care and disability care sectors, we are driven by our purpose of enabling the care we want our loved ones to receive in the place they call home.
We have an open and transparent culture, our teams are highly diverse, and we are committed to a workplace where we all feel that we can be ourselves.
About the role
Reporting to the Technical Services Team Leader, this role will work as part of the Technical Services team, who are our small resident team of technical experts. Our TS team works closely with our clients both during and post implementation to ensure the technical aspects of their projects (Data Migrations, Custom Reports, Data Fixes) run smoothly, as well as providing assistance to our Support and Product teams on system issues. This involves help with reporting, data migrations and data fixes as well as general technical advice for customers.
More specifically, you will be completing tasks such as:
- Perform data migrations and improve and maintain the data migration functionality.
- Perform data fixes to assist with either things that are not possible through the app or more efficient to be done in bulk.
- Develop and maintain custom reports for client and product team.
- Support the Client Services team, Support team and Customer Relation team with technical client interactions (advice, explanations of technicalities, suggestions, integration advice)
What we're looking for in a Data Specialist;
- Software development/Computer science qualification, or a degree in a similar discipline.
- 1-5 years' relevant experience with understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- A self starter capable of managing multiple projects, prioritising workload, and meeting deadlines.
- Intermediate level of SQL and other database development languages.
- Intermediate level of Python development skills.
- Intermediate level of understanding of Software development project tools - Jira, Git, Confluence.
- Basic Experience using Jenkins and Groovy
- Intermediate level of understanding of database principles and technologies.
- Basic experience in a client or customer facing role – you know how to deal with people.
- Fantastic communication skills – you can talk tech with non-technical people.
- Strong problem-solving ability – you look at ambiguous situations and find creative solutions.
- Drive and discipline – you organise yourself and take a proactive approach to work.
- Flexible work style – you’re able to collaborate across teams and work independently.
- A thirst for knowledge and the ability to learn quickly.
It would be a bonus if you also have:
- Experience working with AlayaCare, Procura or other SaaS products.
- Knowledge of and experience with the aged and disability care sector.
If this sounds like you, apply today! As well as joining a great culture and a market leading company, you will be well placed to make a positive difference in the aged care sector in Australia and New Zealand.
What we offer;
- Competitive salary package including generous company stock for all employees.
- Flexible hybrid work (from our offices, from home).
- 5 wellness days off per year to relax and promote mental health.
- Up to 90 days per year working from anywhere in the world.
- Flexible benefits bonus package of $1250 per year.
- Company paid parental leave and volunteer leave.
- Team lunches and events, and health and wellness activities.
- An open and transparent culture.
- A chance to make a meaningful difference for clinicians providing care on the front line.
- A foot in the door to the rapidly expanding home care technology industry.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
If you require accommodation as part of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to email@example.com. Please note, we do not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.