Senior DevOps Analyst
Senior DevOps Analyst
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We are a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, Senior DevOps Analysts lead, maintain, and improve the architecture supporting our web and mobile applications.
Senior DevOps Analysts work closely with our clients both during and post-implementation to ensure the technical aspects of their projects run smoothly, as well as aids our Support and Product teams on system issues.
A day in the life:
- Lead server support during various operations such as incidents, deployment, and general production.
- Manage and monitor various AWS services.
- Lead and collaborate with developers to make sure environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
- Lead projects independently and often completes large aspects of the project autonomously with high quality, high trust, and with appropriate speed.
- Automate processes and deployment of applications, system configurations, and security settings.
- Facilitate communication between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Lead the modification of existing systems.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and process functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Help team members understand core concepts and tools of the craft.
- Stay informed about trends and technologies in the industry / Finds new technologies for problems that can't be solved conventionally.
- Interact with clients, provide cloud support, and make recommendations based on client needs.
- Participate in regular on-call rotation to provide after-hours support.
What you bring to the team:
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Analyst or Engineer
- Experience with Linux server environments
- Knowledge of CircleCI, Docker ArgoCD and Kubernetes (or similar systems/frameworks)
- Experience with Kubernetes (automation, deployment, and scaling)
- Practical knowledge of Infrastructure as a Code (CloudFormation or Terraform)
- Knowledge of primary AWS services (CloudFormation, EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, SES, etc.)
- Proficiency with APIs/microservices architecture
- Knowledge of system/network security and data backup/recovery
- Knowledge of databases like MariaDB, PostgreSQL is a plus
- Ability to create scripts using Python & Bash
- The ability to work with global teams - you understand the challenges working across time zones and cultures
- Problem solving and analytical skills - every question has an answer & you will either find it or create it
- Excellent communication skills - you communicate complexity verbally and in writing in a way that everyone can understand
- Great interpersonal skills - you proactively build and maintain relationships
- Drive, strong organisational skills, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Candidates must be available for on-call duty one weekend overnight per month, along with one week of daytime on-call duty per month (subject to change based on the team's needs)
- Proficiency in English is required (as it's a global position), and French is an asset
- Experience working in health or aged care is an asset
Location, and in-office requirements:
AlayaCare supports a flexible hybrid working model, expecting that our employees have a regular in-office presence at their closest office location while offering flexibility for some remote work. Our team encourages in-person collaboration and with this, the preferred candidate location for this position would be within the Greater Montreal Area.
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients
- Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Flexible working models and beautiful office spaces
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.