Staff Developer - Family Portal
At AlayaCare, we’re revolutionizing the way that home healthcare is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our customers around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We're a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 550+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home healthcare software solutions as we empower providers to deliver better health outcomes to their patients and clients. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the Role:
As a Staff Developer, you will be one of the most senior technologist on a product delivery team, providing strategic value for AlayaCare while driving technical design and upleveling your team. You’ll be responsible for defining the technical direction of the projects your team works on, with a focus on delivering functionality and a strong bias towards action and quality.
You demonstrate specialized engineering knowledge and are a capable leader. As a Staff Developer, you will use your experience and perspective to lead the team toward building security and performance into everything you do together, with an emphasis on continuous delivery and monitoring.
About the Project:
Our team is dedicated to the development and enhancement of the Family Portal, a pivotal component within the AlayaCare platform designed to empower patients' families and close associates. The portal serves as a transparent and real-time window into the care journey of their loved ones, providing insights into the services rendered, the progression of health, and any updates on the patient's condition. This intuitive interface eliminates the need for traditional, time-consuming communication methods, streamlining the flow of information between care providers and family members. By joining us, you will be at the forefront of improving the quality of home care, ensuring that the circle of care is connected and informed every step of the way.
A day in the life:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software with a high level of quality, sitting as a key member of a feature development team.
- Provide technical leadership for your team, and improve your colleagues’ skills through code reviews, technical mentoring, role-modelling, coaching, and knowledge-sharing.
- Hold accountability for all technical decisions in your team’s domain
- Lead technical innovation in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability, and scalability.
- Monitor your applications in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering.
- Contribute to defining and implementing the product-wide technical roadmap, championing technical cross-team initiatives and adoption of new technologies that are aligned with industry trends.
- In the future, participate in an on-call rotation (that respects your time) to support your team’s software.
- Identify gaps in product requirements and work with Product Owners to design features that meet client needs
- Plan, implement and execute end to end automated tests that validate good quality results.
- Help team members understand core concepts and tools of their craft.
- While working across teams, anticipate problems, recognize barriers, and proactively raise concerns to management and to senior members of the technical organization
- Evaluate existing engineering processes and procedures in your domains, identifying areas that need optimization, and leading the optimization effort.
- Keep abreast of developments and innovation in your area of specialization.
- Contribute to all forms of quality (support tickets and playbooks, security, performance) among multiple teams or at the engineering level.
- Drive engineering level initiatives (ex: Initiative to drive down support tickets, POC to increase test execution velocity, etc).
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 7 years professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field of specialization preferred
- Degree or diploma in computer science or engineering, or demonstrated learning experience
- Deep experience with SQL databases and building queries optimized for performance
- Experience using Git, CI/CD tools, Docker, SQL Alchemy, cloud computing platforms (AWS preferred)
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice
- Experience making difficult technical decisions in ambiguous situations
- Pride in your work
Location, and in-office requirements:
AlayaCare supports a flexible hybrid working model, expecting that our employees have a regular in-office presence at their closest office location while offering flexibility for some remote work. Our team encourages in-person collaboration and with this, the preferred candidate location for this position would be within the Greater Montreal Area.
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients
- Our company has been recognized by the Globe and Mail as one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies and as a recipient of Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
- Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Hybrid working models with beautiful and creative office spaces to enjoy in prime locations
- Virtual and onsite social events for employees centered around collaboration, learning, and fun, including DEIBA committee events, volunteer events, fireside chats, catered team lunches, celebrations, and team building activities
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, professional development and productivity-related expenses
- Parental leave top-up program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Company Wellness Day program for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and learning and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- Access to our employee perk program for discounts at various participating vendors
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.