Project Manager - Software Implementations
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We're a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 550+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the role:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Shared Services, the Project Manager holds a pivotal, client-facing, and internal leadership role, essential for fostering the growth of a best-in-class professional services organization.
This role is dedicated to the efficient management of large and enterprise-level software implementations, serving as the primary point of contact for our valued clients. You will lead a portfolio of projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams of consultants and specialists to ensure the successful end-to-end implementation of the AlayaCare platform. As a key figure, you will oversee project progress, quality delivery, and act as the MRP (Master of Record for Project) for project health, backlog hours, and project utilization. From project initiation through completion, the team will rely on your expertise to manage time, scope, resources, risks, and costs, ensuring a predictable and triumphant outcome. This role's critical success factors include setting and managing client expectations concerning project scope, the AlayaCare delivery model, stakeholder roles, timelines, escalation and change management procedures, communication protocols, and risk management strategies.
Location, travel, and in-office requirements:
AlayaCare supports a flexible hybrid working model, expecting that our employees have a regular in-office presence at their closest office location while offering flexibility for some remote work. Our team encourages in-person collaboration and with this, the preferred candidate location for this position would be within the Greater Toronto Area. Candidates with transferrable experience in other key regions of Canada (Montréal, Victoria, Vancouver, areas surrounding the GTA) will be considered permitted that they be open to some travel to Toronto.
Travel will be required for conferences, customer onsite meetings, and events within North America.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Project Management Excellence: Spearhead the planning, execution, monitoring, control, and closure of assigned projects. Facilitate the definition of project scope, objectives, and deliverables.
- Outline project tasks and resource requirements.
- Collaborate on project resource allocations with the resource manager.
- Develop comprehensive project timelines.
- Continuously track and report on project deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Diligently manage the project within the defined budget.
- Effectively implement and oversee project changes and interventions to meet project objectives.
- Scope Management: Expertly manage project scope, including negotiations for scope changes, securing agreements, and obtaining sign-off.
- Estimation and Progress Tracking: Devise accurate project estimates and schedules while monitoring progress against these schedules.
- Risk Management: Proactively identify, assess, and effectively mitigate project risks at all stages. In the event of critical issues, employ strategic escalation measures to ensure timely resolution and prevent potential crises.
- Methodology Adherence: Ensure that project management methodologies, including the use of templates and tools, are consistently applied in the projects under your management.
- Market and Product Expertise: Leverage your market and product-level expertise to resolve challenges and propel projects forward through implementation.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related field (or completion post-secondary education coupled with relevant experience)
- Hold at least one of the following applicable professional project-management related certifications:
- PMP - Project Management Professional
- CAPM - Certified Associate in Project Management
- PRINCE2 - Projects IN Controlled Environments
- PMI-ACP - PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
- PMI-PBA - PMI Professional in Business Analysis
- PgMP - Program Management Professional
- PMI-RMP - PMI Risk Management Professional
- PMI-SP - PMI Scheduling Professional
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) - Focused on Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) - Focused on Agile and Scrum methodologies
- SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework certifications (e.g., SAFe Agilist, SAFe Practitioner)
- IPMA - International Project Management Association certifications (e.g., IPMA Level A, B, C, D)
- 4+ years of experience in SaaS is required
- 3+ years of project management experience managing large-scale/enterprise-sized projects
- Experience leveraging project management software (bonus for experience with Asana, Mavenlink, and Confluence)
- Passion to understand clients' challenges and provide a detailed plan of resolution
- Must be able to effectively communicate with client leadership
- Recognizes and articulates complex problems related to a project
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience managing a team's workload
- Ability to handle various projects simultaneously; adapts quickly and easily while managing competing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in plain English, verbally and in writing
- Ability to learn quickly and implement process change
- Leadership qualities and the ability to influence others
- The ability to think laterally in determining effective solutions for business problems
- Attention to detail
- Proven capacity to be an active team player and to proactively contribute to team initiatives
- A strong willingness to take initiative, work autonomously, and manage time effectively to meet pressing deadlines
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients
- Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Flexible hybrid working model and beautiful and creative office spaces to enjoy within prime locations
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays throughout the summer months for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.