Business Development Representative
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We're a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 600+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the role:
Reporting to the Business Development Manager (BDM), the Business Development Representative (BDR) acts as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams and has the ultimate mandate to boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in a B2B environment as a BDR or within a sales-related function (sales, marketing, account management, etc.). You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with prospects, from first contact until opportunity creation. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, this may be a fit for you!
AlayaCare supports a flexible working model, expecting our employees to spend some time onsite at their closest office location while offering flexibility for some remote work. Our team encourages in-person collaboration and with this, the preferred candidate location would be within the Greater Toronto Area. Candidates with transferrable experience in other key regions of Canada (Montréal, Victoria, Vancouver, surrounding GTA) will be considered permitted that they be open to some travel to Toronto (quarterly).
What you'll be responsible for:
- Contacting potential customers to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Optimizing tools and networking to research organizations and key relevant contacts cultivate new opportunities
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients
- Listening to customers' unique business challenges and staying abreast of market changes
- Maintaining accurate notes and customer communication information within the HubSpot CRM to ensure continuity of information
What you'll bring:
- Completion of post-secondary education within a relevant field (Business, Health Sciences, Innovation and Technology, etc.)
- 2+ years of B2B experience within a sales capacity
- Willingness and comfortability with cold-calling and networking with C-suite executives
- Ability to manage 1000+ prospect accounts and develop relationships with these accounts
- Experience using and optimizing a CRM platform (HubSpot preferred)
- Self-starter, positive attitude and persistence
- Ability to keep management informed with activity and results reports such as daily call reports, weekly work plans and monthly annual territory analyses
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with prospects
- A deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics
- A commitment to excellent customer service and the ability to translate customer concerns and business needs to relevant solution recommendations
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to participate in some travel within Canada and the US (~20% of the time)
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients
- Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Flexible hybrid working model and beautiful and creative office spaces to enjoy within prime locations
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays throughout the summer months for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.