Senior DevOps Engineer
AlayaCare is revolutionising the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We are a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Australia,Canada, the US and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the role:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and joining a team of 2 in DevOps in Australia (working with a larger team in North America and Brazil), the Senior DevOps Engineer will lead, maintain, and improve the architecture supporting our web and mobile applications. The Senior DevOps Engineer will work closely with our clients both during and post implementation to ensure the technical aspects of projects run smoothly, and will also aid our Support and Product teams on system issues. While this role is full-scope DevOps, there will be an emphasis on SRE/monitoring with an on-call weekend roster (once every few weeks). The majority of hours will be Australian business hours, however, some flexibility is required with early meetings (e.g.7am) a couple of times a week. This hybrid role can be located in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.
A day in the life:
- Lead server support during various operations such as incidents, deployment, and general production.
- Manage and monitor various AWS services.
- Lead and collaborate with developers to make sure environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
- Lead projects independently and often completes large aspects of the project autonomously with high quality, high trust, and with appropriate speed.
- Automate processes and deployment of applications, system configurations, and security settings.
- Facilitate commination between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Lead the modification of existing systems.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and process functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Help team members understand core concepts and tools of the craft.
- Stay informed about trends and technologies in the industry / Finds new technologies for problems that can't be solved conventionally.
- Interact with clients, provide cloud support, and make recommendations based on client needs.
What you bring to the team:
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Analyst or Engineer on AWS.
- A degree (Professional training, Technical programs) in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Linux server environments.
- Knowledge of CircleCI, Docker ArgoCD and Kubernetes (or similar systems/frameworks)
- Experience with Kubernetes (automation, deployment, and scaling)
- Practical knowledge of Infrastructure as a Code (CloudFormation or Terraform).
- Knowledge of primary AWS services (CloudFormation, EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, SES, etc.).
- Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of system/network security and data backup/recovery.
- Knowledge of databases like MariaDB, PostgreSQL is a plus.
- Ability to create scripts using Python & Bash.
- The ability to work with global teams – you understand the challenges working across time zones and cultures.
- Problem solving and analytical skills – every question has an answer & you will either find it or create it.
- Excellent communication skills – you communicate complexity verbally and in writing in a way that everyone can understand.
- Great interpersonal skills – you proactively build and maintain relationships.
- Drive, strong organisational skills, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience working in health or aged care is an asset.
What makes AlayaCare a great place to work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients.
- Flexible hybrid working models with centrally located office spaces.
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company.
- A flexible benefits program (tailor your own from our comprehensive offering), effective on your first day.
- Parental leave top-up plan.
- 5 wellness days per year to relax, unwind and promote mental health.
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and bold innovation.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in aged and disability care sectors in ANZ. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.