Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We're a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the Role:
As the heartbeat of any successful company, a thriving, inspired, and well-positioned team is paramount to its ability to grow. The People & Culture Business Partner (HRBP) will support People & Culture (P&C) initiatives and programs including, talent management, employee engagement, organizational development, and employee relations to help drive high performing, highly engaged teams. As a trusted advisor, you’ll use your creativity and flexibility to provide innovative coaching and counsel to leaders on human resources solutions that contribute to the goals of the business unit and supports a high performing and engaged working environment.
As a P&C team, we embrace change and have fun evolving the future of work. We are as passionate about our team as we are about our business and thrive on thinking out of the box, delivering in new ways, and supporting exceptional team member experiences.
Reporting to the Director, HRBP, the HRBP is both a strategic and hands-on role and is critical to executing our people initiatives. They will be aligned to specific business units and play an important role in leading organization-wide initiatives. You will create genuine and value-added partnerships with your client groups through relationship building and strong business acumen with a focus on delivering better outcomes. Your natural ability to dig deeply into a topic and work collaboratively towards a goal will also allow you to influence the team’s success!
A day in the life:
- Provide guidance and support across a variety of topics including talent management, succession planning, performance improvement, conflict resolution, employee relations, compensation, employee engagement, career development, recognition, communication, and change management
- Provide people management coaching to managers, contributing to the development of management capabilities
- Ensure that when initiatives and programs are deployed, they are adapted to the reality of business units and are successfully adopted in a fair and consistent manner
- Support leaders in solving Employee Relations issues through effective coaching, problem solving and ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and policies
- Partner with leaders to foster conversations to promote career development, training and development
- Work with all levels of leadership up to C-suite to develop effective organizational structures to drive organizational health
- Helps drive employee engagement; works with leaders and teams to action engagement survey results
- Analyze HR trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Deliver training on HR topics, including our manager training program
- Leads by example, by acting as an ambassador of our culture; drive change by partnering with business leaders and other internal groups to proactively manage changes impacting team members.
- Coach employees and people leaders to role model behaviours that uphold our company values and culture
- Promote, educate, and support training on our diversity and belonging initiatives
- Be curious and recommend creative solutions to complex situations that you might not have encountered before
- Provide interpretation and guidance for the application of HR policies and procedures
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of experience in a P&C/HR capacity
- 3+ years of experience in a full-scope HRBP/HRG or equivalent role within a SaaS or fast-paced private environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
- Experience with Canadian and US employment legislation (multi-province/territory and multi-state)
- Experience supporting corporate departments including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Strategy, and Account Management is strongly preferred
- Experience developing effective partnerships and collaborating with leaders through hands-on and strategic input, discernment, and advice
- Bilingual in French and English is a definite asset
- Technical acumen and the ability to adopt new software quickly; experience with programs such as Zoom, MS Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint, BambooHR (or other HCM software), Asana, Slack, Confluence is preferred
- An ability to build high trust and impactful relationships across all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influence skills, which can be applied in interactions at all levels of the organization
- A passion for people, a strong sense of personal integrity, assume good intent and lead with a desire to do the right thing
- Resourceful and self-motivated with ability to work in changing environments
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations and make decisions based on data while drawing from previous experience
- Business acumen with an ability to align people solutions to business goals
- Hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Some travel within Canada and/or the US could be required (~5% of the time)
- CHRP/CPHR or equivalent would be considered an asset
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Flexible working models and beautiful office spaces
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.