Senior Developer - Data Migration
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We are a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
This position is for people located anywhere in Brazil.
About the Role:
As a Senior Back-End Developer, you are going to play a key role in scoping the team’s technical work, using their knowledge to ensure it is properly sequenced, designed, and implemented. You will also use your experience and perspective to build, by applying critical-thinking and solution-oriented skills, security and performance into all you do, with emphasis on continuous delivery and monitoring.
In partnership with other senior developers in the team, you will be responsible for setting the product-wide technical roadmap, matching our aspirations with our technical capabilities. You will use your experience and perspective to build security and performance into all you do and will be on the vanguard of our move to continuous software delivery.
AlayaCare Engineering has parallel career tracks for individual contributors and managers. Senior Developer is on the individual contributor track, right after we have staff developer (still individual contributor track) and right at the same level as Engineering Manager (manager track).
AlayaCare Cloud is written in Python and PHP on the back end, uses Vue.js on the front-end, and runs on AWS.
About the Project:
You will be part of a team in Platform, dedicated to the development of tools for other teams in engineering and technical services plus product development with engineering hubs in Toronto and Montreal.
A day in the life:
- Design, code, test, and debug of complex software with a high level of quality, sitting as a full-time member of a feature development team
- Contribute with technical knowledge and leadership to your team products and assist in improving your colleague's skills through technical mentoring, role-modelling, coaching, and knowledge-sharing
- Participate in code reviews to lead technical innovation in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability, and scalability
- Monitor your code in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering
- Participate in setting the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of new technologies and industry trends
- Identify gaps in product requirements and work with Product and your Engineering Manager to design features that meet client needs
- Help team members understand core concepts and tools of their craft
- Anticipate problems, recognize barriers, and proactively raise concerns to management and to senior members of the technical organization
- In the future, participate in an on-call rotation (that respects your time) to support your team's software.
What you bring to the team:
- 4+ years professional software engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in software, engineering or a related field of specialization preferred
- Deep development experience in Python and using PyTest for unit testing
- Solid experience using SQL databases, Git, CI/CD tools, Docker (Knowledge about containerization), SQLAlchemy
- Strong experience on cloud computing platforms (AWS preferred)
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice
- Experience making difficult technical decisions in ambiguous situations
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
- Pride in your work
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- You can work 100% remote, having a great work-life balance
- Competitive compensation in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for wellness and productivity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Benefit for you to improve your English level continuously
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
Something looks off?