Senior Product Manager
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We are a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Senior Product Manager manages a complex set of features and is accountable for their success. What does success mean? It means better outcomes because clinical care providers are armed with features that enable them to deliver the kind of care we all want our loved ones to receive in the place they call home. This role owns the product roadmap and vision for their teams, defining success criteria and prioritizing initiatives, with high impact. Senior Product Managers consistently exhibit curiosity and passion not just for their product and customers, but also for the product process itself, while coaching more junior team members.
A day in the life:
- Lead the strategic vision and product lifecycle of a product line including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, working closely with Engineering, Client Success, Sales and Marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Be accountable for the success of the product; balance competing priorities, manage stakeholder expectations, and drive innovation while also delivering a product that meets customer needs and aligns with the company's business goals.
- Deeply understand the market and competitors inside and outside your assigned domain; identify and prioritize opportunities for enhancing existing capabilities and developing new capabilities based on clients’ needs and market trends/gaps.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to define business plans, perform segmentation, targeting, user profiles, market opportunity assessments, cost and pricing analysis, positioning, go-to-market strategy, success evaluation, and integration plans.
- Gather product data, including web analytics, statistics, and consumer trends.
- Determine feature requirements.
- Research customer experiences and demands and work to improve customer experiences.
- Outline a detailed and visible product strategy.
- Define KPIs for features, measure performance, improvement strategies, and core product workflows related to back-office operations.
- Influence senior stakeholders and executives on specific (mastered) topics.
- Act as the point person for Product Management with clients, partners, and within the company.
- Proactively identify problems and suggest solutions.
- Lead the core positioning, pricing strategy and messaging for the product.
- Deliver product training and demos when required.
- Mentor and have opportunities to formally lead and coach Associate PMs and Product Managers
- Handle and address any escalated concerns, issues or requirements that are complex in nature.
- Involved in setting and executing the product strategy, making tough decisions, and influencing senior leaders.
- Willingness to participate in some travel within Canada and the US (~25% of the time)
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Prior experience in home health, homecare, hospice, palliative care, healthcare, or medical devices
- Excellent attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a changing environment with a growth mindset and bias for action.
- Able to work effectively with developers, QA, UX, Technical Support, and Sales as a strong team player.
- Strong skills at gathering and interrupting qualitative product data and consumer feedback.
- Ability to analyze industry trends and competitor behavior.
- Able to quickly identify improved product features and contribute to marketing strategies.
- Proficiency in compiling project status, risk management, and reports.
- Ability to maintain strong customer relations and provide product support.
- Competency in training internal departments on new product features.
- Technical background with experience in software development or web technologies.
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Flexible working models and beautiful office spaces
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
Something looks off?