Senior Developer - Shared Services
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We're a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the project:
The applications you help build will allow residential facilities to manage both the delivery of clinical care to clients and the business aspects of housing and caring for those clients.Our leading cloud based software allows our customers to manage their facilities, employees, scheduling, and billing, and enable better delivery of clinical care. We aim to be the operating system for our clients businesses, helping them and their employees improve clinical outcomes.We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our mission of enabling the care we want our loved ones to receive in the places they call home.
About the Role:
* Candidates must be in Western Canada (British Columbia or Alberta)
- In this Senior Developer role, you will be working as part of a team of 25 with people located both in Australia and Canada. You will be developing the shared services side of AlayaCare Residential, our cloud solution for the Residential Aged Care market across Australia and New Zealand.
- In this role you will play a key role in scoping technical work and using your experience and perspective to build security and performance into our shared services, with an emphasis on continuous delivery and monitoring. You will also be responsible for supporting the Clinical, Finance and Reporting teams when required as directed by business priorities.
A day in the life:
- Design, code, test and debug highly complex software applications with a high level of quality
- Provide design leadership and assist in improving the knowledge and skills of the team through technical mentoring.
- Participate in code reviews to lead technical innovation in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability and scalability.
- Monitor your code in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering.
- Participate in setting the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of new technologies and industry trends.
- Make strategic technology recommendations to product management and business analysts.
- Plan, implement and execute end-to-end automated tests that validate good quality results.
What you bring to the team:
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Deep development experience in C# and .NET
- Implemented production-grade microservices and Restful APIs
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS services
- Experience developing SQL database applications, including query optimization.
- Experience making difficult technical decisions within ambiguous contexts.
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (in written and spoken English). targeting both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Eagerness to learn and work across a range of technology and technical disciplines.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or engineering or demonstrated learning experience.
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Flexible working models and beautiful office spaces
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays throughout the summer months for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
Better outcomes, better belonging
Our team members are unique—like our products and the customer groups that we service. AlayaCare employees bring different strengths, perspectives, and experiences to their roles and to our products that enable better care. We are committed to offering a people-centric culture where all employees belong and feel heard.
Having a pulse on our employee feedback is important to us as we aim to continuously evolve Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Accessibility within AlayaCare's policies, total rewards offerings, discussions, learning & development programs, and community partnerships. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
Something looks off?