Software Engineer - Full Stack (Backend-Cloud Focused Python Engineer) - Remote Canada & USA
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
Agnostiq is a Toronto based startup developing software for the quantum era. Agnostiq is the team behind Covalent, a Pythonic workflow tool designed for computational scientists, AI/ML software engineers, and anyone who needs to run experiments on limited or expensive computing resources, including quantum computers, HPC clusters, GPU arrays, and cloud services. You can learn more by visiting www.covalent.xyz, or by visiting our GitHub.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer at Agnostiq, you will work on developing Covalent and its backend systems. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and develop technical solutions that address user needs, using different technologies for different projects. You will also build and maintain our processes and tools to ensure productivity and code quality remain high. Covalent is a tool built to remove the operational complexity arising at the intersection of different technologies such as multi-cloud, classical HPC and quantum computing. You will be part of a team that spans a wide spectrum of backgrounds from quantum physics to software engineering in order to solve some of the most important software challenges of the next decade.
*Please note: this position is fully remote and requires having a work permit in either Canada or USA.
- Leverage your past experience with backend architecture and design patterns into the development of a new web application that is taking its first steps into large scale application.
- Introduce modern web development technologies, set high standards and drive best practices for backend development for web applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain cloud-based applications and services.
- Develop microservices and manage infrastructure using Terraform to ensure efficient deployment and scalability of our applications.
- Develop and maintain APIs for seamless integration with other applications and services.
- Optimize the performance and security of our systems to ensure they are reliable and scalable.
- Design and implement new features for our SaaS product using various backend skill sets like database API and system design.
- Continuously improve the performance and scalability of our SaaS product through innovation and experimentation.
- At least 5 years of experience in full-stack/backend-cloud-focused programming, with previous experience working in product-based startup environments.
- At least 3 years of experience in Python including databases, API design and other tools such as FastAPI and SQLAlchemy.
- At least 3 years of experience in cloud based technologies
- Experience in Terraform, AWS, and Systems Design
- Familiarity with various AWS tech stack
- Proven track record of designing and implementing highly scalable and reliable backend systems for SaaS products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of serverless computing and containerization services such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with database services such as AWS RDS and MongoDB Atlas
- Familiarity with messaging and queuing services like AWS SQS and RabbitMQ
- Experience with content delivery services like AWS CloudFront would be highly valued
- Note that this list is not exhaustive and other cloud-based technologies may also be relevant
- Critical contribution to open source packages or developing and maintaining open source packages
At Agnostiq, we value innovation, creativity, and a collaborative work environment. We offer competitive compensation packages, flexible work hours, and opportunities for growth and advancement within our organization. We're building a diverse team and welcome applicants whose skills, experiences, and backgrounds can complement one another.
See more open positions at Agnostiq
Something looks off?