Senior Backend Engineer
Remote · Canada
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
Ada was founded on land that is the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples and is home to many First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples. We also acknowledge that Tkaronto is covered by Treaty 13 with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaties signed with multiple Mississaugas and Chippewa bands.
We’re a brand interaction platform that empowers brands to live up to their promises and have more—and more valuable—interactions with the people who love them. Our AI-powered platform has automated over 3 billion brand interactions for the world’s fastest growing enterprises, including Zoom, Facebook, and Shopify. In May 2021, we raised Series C funding of $130M by Spark Capital (early investors of Twitter, Slack, Snapchat), and officially became a global unicorn with a $1.2B valuation!
Looking for more information on who we are? Check us out on ada.cx, Brands Talk podcast series, our blog, LinkedIn, Betakit, BuiltIn, and Instagram.
Our values are our fundamental driving forces for decision making. They are the heart of what we stand for and are critical to our next phase of growth. You can learn more about our values and Ada’s founding story on our Careers page, and learn more about our Engineering Team on our Engineering page.
As Senior Back End Developer on our Machine Learning team, you'll work directly with Ada’s Machine Learning Scientists by playing a major role in deploying machine learning models and architecting and building the services that bring them to life.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about building innovative and scalable APIs, as well as operationalizing machine learning models that will improve the experience of millions of customers. You’ll have the opportunity to help optimize our machine learning development workflows, and further enhance the engineering practices on the team.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Senior Back End Developer
- Profound understanding of distributed cloud systems architecture and relevant technologies
- Experienced in building and maintaining REST APIs (language and framework non-specific)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experienced in implementing machine learning models and performing data engineering at scale
- Understanding and experience with Generative AI
- Experienced with, Python, k8s (kubernetes), non-relational databases and building robust microservices
- Become an owner of Ada’s machine learning APIs and lead the engineering efforts that go into them
- Execute on our ambitious Machine Learning product roadmap through the implementation of services
- Review the team’s code, provide insightful feedback, and teach everyone something new
- Help identify and build solutions for increasing the speed and efficiency of our workflows on the Machine Learning team
- Coordinate and collaborate with ML Scientists and MLOps Engineers to achieve the best product outcomes for Ada
The expected salary range for this position is $97,000 to $130,000. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors, such as past experience and qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
• Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
• Unlimited vacation
• Wellness account
• Extended health coverage
• Dental/optical/travel insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee and family assistance plan
• Flexible work schedule
• Digital first, fully remote with WFH budget
• In-house social worker
• Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
• Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we cannot progress. At Ada, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.