Engineering Platform Manager, High Power Products
The Engineering Platform Manager, HPP requires a B.S. level Engineering degree and experience in the Engineering department at ASI or equivalent relevant experience. The Engineering Platform Manager assists in setting the technical vision for a product family, and leads a development teams that launches engineered products and product changes within the family. This role is a working role, requiring hands-on involvement in project completion. This is an in-office (not remote or hybrid) position in our Waterloo office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With assistance, selects, assembles, and manages the multidisciplinary technical team that delivers an engineered product.
- Ultimately responsible for work produced by the development team members relevant to the project.
- Responsible for product launch timelines and resource management to hit those timelines.
- Assists in overall engineering resource management and reporting.
- Drives innovation activities within the engineering team and holds team members accountable to push innovation projects forward to conclusion.
- Contributes to tactical plans to support the broader business plan.
- Prepares engineering documents including cost estimates, appropriation requests, project schedules, design specifications.
- Leads technical design reviews related to technology and sub-systems that will be used on assigned platform and innovation projects.
- Continuously monitors group work and mentors team members, assess progress in relation to the project timeline.
- With guidance or oversight, coaches best practices for executing project work to the development team members.
- Assess the team and communicate with them openly. Creates a team environment and instills a sense of accomplishment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (B. S.) or equivalent technical degree from a four-year accredited institution with the focus being relevant to the job requirements of the technical team that he/she manages.
- 10 or more years of relevant experience is preferred with a significant amount in a leadership role, either of direct reports or in project teams.
- An additional business degree or a project management certification is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical people.
- Considerable technical experience pertaining to electronics and or electronic manufacturing is a plus.
- Excellent project and people management skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Experience managing business/ financial plans & budgets.
- Experience in executing a time bound technical projects.
- Ability to travel to the US and overseas without restriction is required.