IT Helpdesk Support - Part Time
IT Helpdesk Support – Part Time
We are currently seeking a part time IT Helpdesk support person. You must be available Monday-Friday (days) on site in our Waterloo office and be able to travel between two locations (close in proximity). This position is ideal for a college or university student in a related program seeking permanent part time work, with a possibility of full time in the future.
Accelerated Systems Inc. (ASI) is a clean energy innovation company. A global Designer and Manufacturer of fully integrated electric vehicle Drive Systems including electric motors, motor controllers, battery systems, and custom hardware.
We specialize in the electrification of equipment that is currently powered by internal combustion engines thereby providing the world with a greener, cleaner choice for their eBikes, eMotorcycles, eScooters, outdoor power equipment, golf cars, and electric utility vehicles.
The world is not only ready for electric power but committing to it with their buying decisions. The eMobility and electrified OPE industries are growing at an unprecedented rate and our Team is composed of talented, passionate people who are at the forefront of innovation. They are the reason we can accomplish what we do.
- Install, test and maintain a variety of MAC and PC computers with local area network connections using best practices
- Maintain and improve the server environment to improve performance, reliability and security
- Identify, study and resolve technical problems and application related issues in both end-use and server related
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware problems pertaining to LAN
- Log, track and prioritize incidents reported by users
- Assist in the maintenance of the network infrastructure to ensure the security and integrity of the company network
- Perform tests of the system back-up and restore
- Decommission older computers, provide upgrades to users and securely dispose or repurpose old machines.
Education / Experience / Competencies:
- Relevant Computer Systems/Engineering Technology diploma/degree in progress
- Ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment including personal computers, printers, copiers, mobile devices, scanners, network equipment
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server and domain environment, Active Directory, SQL Server, PDC / BDC, TCP/IP, Wireless, LAN/WAN
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems, backup, security and scripting
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 environment, including Outlook, Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Strong SQL maintenance skills
- Excellent documentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- A strong work ethic
All qualified applicants will receive consideration but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Should you require accommodation please inform the HR representative when contacted. Information received related to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.