Senior Design Researcher
"The Marketing team is poised for unprecedented growth and opportunity. We're in a very unique position where we've experienced tremendous success but are far from exhausting the whitespace around us. There is a unique opportunity to join a rising organization and make a significant and immediate impact." - Mark, Marketing Director, YYC
About the role:
As a Senior Design Researcher at Absorb, you will lead design research for the company inside of our Experience Design Team. You will be primary involved in uncovering user insights, developing user journeys, stakeholder maps, examining trends and integrated strategies that help improve our end-to-end experience for Absorb customers during their full learning lifecycles. This role is key to help Absorb achieve company goals within our key segments and transform the company toward being a customer-led culture.
Absorb Software: Remote Work Culture
What you’ll do:
- As a lead, you will enable user-centricity by cultivating best practices in customer journey processes, personas, customer insights and user testing
- You will take part in leading by example - conducting surveys, user interviews, competitive/comparative analysis and synthesizing findings
- You will help build our research practice and develop/shared tools inside of a learning environment to understand our key customer segments more in depth
- You will highlight our customers biggest pain points and findings to help serve different teams within the company
- You will lead user-driven approaches to improve our GTM plans and website that involve engaging customers
- You will help teams learn to use service design approaches and best practice workshop facilitation to uncover new opportunities and service opportunities
- You will have the opportunity to influence other teams in the organization including product to establish better R&D practice
- You will consider inclusive approaches to different customer needs such as accessibility and WCAG
What you’ll bring:
- You have minimum of 6 years of experience in design research
- You have worked in the past to lead research in 2-3 enterprise environments
- You have an established point of view on your research methodology and demonstrate a strong understanding of research practices and principles
- You are a strong presenter
- You are very comfortable running design workshops and synthesizing findings
- You have a portfolio that represents strong emphasis on primary research, secondary research and usability testing
- You are able to adapt to different situations and needs of the business
- You are a strong communicator and collaborator with other team designers
- You hold a BA/BFA in Design or other research/HCI degree or have attained strong levels of certification in the field of design research
- You will effectively leverage digital tools that funnel customer feedback
Technologies we use:
- Absorb LMS, Google Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce, ZoomInfo, LaneFour, Outreach, Drift and beyond.
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success
- Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility
- Employee driven DE&I programs
- Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace for Absorbers in our Calgary office
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Something looks off?