Senior Developer - Data and Analytics
"We are a cross functional team that uses Scrum and has a two-week sprint cadence. Whether you are stronger in the React stack or the .Net stack, you can get exposure to both. We tackle novel product development which includes being creative all the way from the UI to the AWS cloud." ~ David Prentice, Principal Developer
Are you someone that eats, sleeps, and breathes data? Do you love data models and developing data warehouses that are clean, efficient, and pragmatic? Are you someone who dreams about what the perfect data pipeline and data visualizations look like? You might be the perfect fit for our Data Engineering position.
As part of the Product Development group, you will join an agile software development team. You will use your knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing to create data pipelines for our BI solution and design dashboards & data visualizations using reporting tools like Sisense, Power BI and Dundas Reporting & Analytics. You will also help build the automated deployment and testing workflows that support our quality-first software development process.
Interested in hearing more? Listen here
Absorb Software: Alberta Top Employer 2022
What you'll do:
- Participate in a Scrum team to complete all technical activities such as estimation, research, sprint planning, development, code review, testing, and documentation.
- Design and implement data models that satisfy business reporting requirements.
- Design and implement ETL/ELT workflows to transform data from source systems into a data warehouse.
- Identify and implement performance and monitoring improvements across data pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve potential failures in data pipelines.
- Ensure software deliverables align with our technical architecture, development standards, and quality practices.
- Work with customer-facing teams outside of the Product Development group to translate & implement client needs within our reporting & analytics solutions.
What you'll bring:
- A minimum of 2 years development with cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift and BigQuery.
- Expert knowledge of data modeling strategies for Business Intelligence use cases.
- Hands-on development experience with data extraction and transformation tools such as Fivetran and Matillion.
- Experience building business intelligence dashboards using business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Sisense, PowerBI and Dundas BI.
- SQL experience including DML & DDL, query optimization and relational database concepts.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to broad audience of technical and non-technical individuals, including clients, both verbally and written.
- Experience with other BI platforms and tools like Tableau and Looker
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and web development best practices.
- Knowledge of .Net Core and C#, or an interest in learning C#.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- Experience developing SSIS data projects.
- Familiarity with LMS data.
Technologies we use:
- AbsorbLMS, SQL Server, SSIS, Fivetran, Matillion, Snowflake, Sisense, C# and .Net Core, AWS
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success
- Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility
- Employee driven DE&I program
- Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace for Absorbers in our Calgary office
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other & the work we do
We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Something looks off?