Operational Accountant II
"Absorb is the unique type of organization that everyone should have the opportunity to experience at some point in their career. We’re a company focused on learning, and every day brings opportunities to learn new skills and take on new challenges. What truly makes Absorb special, though, is working alongside people who are committed to being right there with you as you learn and overcome these challenges."- Aaron, COO
Does the idea of using your problem-solving and critical thinking skills excite you? Do you have a knack for connecting the dots between accounting and how business units operate? If so, the Absorb team is looking for you! As Absorb continues to grow and expand globally and our teams with it, this this Operational Accountant role is not your run-of-the-mill accounting job – it's complex, full of projects and no day is ever the same.
You have a keen eye for details and can identify the smallest of errors. Your strong attention to detail partnered with your critical thinking will empower you to tackle a variety of accounting challenges. Working closely with stakeholders within our business units, you are service-minded and can easily explain complex accounting concepts in a way all audiences can easily grasp.
Did we mention the all-star accounting team that you will be working with? You will be on a team of highly skilled accountants eager to share their knowledge and provide you with the skills and tools to bolster your learning!
Absorb Software: Remote Work Culture
Sound interesting? Great, keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Post and process monthly journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded for project accounting, lease accounting, property and equipment, and intangible assets
- Maintain fixed asset register and fixed asset continuity schedules
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll entries
- Prepare and review monthly prepaid expense amortization and reconciliation
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Participate in weekly cash reporting and cash management of all bank accounts
- Reconciles weekly, general, and subsidiary disbursement bank accounts by gathering and balancing information
- Analysis, identification and posting of month end costs accruals
- Responding to information requests and assisting with audits
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
- Supports ongoing project work and day to day administrative tasks as required
What you'll bring:
- Post-Secondary education in Accounting or related field
- 3-5+ years of related experience
- Experience with multicurrency and multi-entity accounting
- Experience with filing PST/GST and US State taxes
- Strong exposure to working with NetSuite
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively on complex projects
- Exceptional customer service skills
Additional preferred qualifications:
- US GAAP Experience, particularly over revenue accounting
- An understanding of revenue accounting in a software-based (SaaS) company
- NetSuite, SAP Concur and Avalara experience would be an asset
Technologies we use:
- AbsorbLMS, NetSuite, SAP Concur, and Avalara
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success
- Employee driven DE&I programs
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Something looks off?