"Absorb is the unique type of organization that everyone should have the opportunity to experience at some point in their career. We’re a company focused on learning, and every day brings opportunities to learn new skills and take on new challenges. What truly makes Absorb special, though, is working alongside people who are committed to being right there with you as you learn and overcome these challenges."- Aaron, COO
Absorb is looking to add our next amazing Leader to our Accounting Team. With endless growth potential, you'll be instrumental in the guidance of the team’s success. If you are an innate leader, mentor and analytical thinker who is passionate about delivering data-driven insights and driving continuous improvements, we want to learn more about you!
Technically astute with a high degree of flexibility, you'll lead and develop Absorb’s Accounting Team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all financial and tax information, related reports and compliance with corporate policies and governmental requirements. You'll also bring a passion for providing excellent service to internal and external stakeholders and possess the ability to administer strong internal controls within a growth-focused environment.
Absorb Software: Remote Work Culture
Sound interesting? Great, keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Manage, direct, and mentor Accounting Team personnel and their responsibilities
- Lead a culture of accountability and continuous improvement within the Accounting Team
- Direct, coordinate and review all financial accounting and reporting including revenue accounting, international accounting, financial reporting, consolidations, accounting systems, tax, and treasury
- Partner with FP&A to produce all financial reporting, including financial statements and KPIs
- Act as liaison with outside financial parties such as banks and other creditors as needed
- Monitor the impact of new external accounting pronouncements on the firm's reporting responsibilities.
- Manage and review monthly and quarterly compliance reporting for lenders as required
- Work with external accounting firms to ensure timely and proper preparation of all income, franchise, and other business tax returns and compliance with tax regulations
- Represent the Company during annual audit of financial statements by external accounting firm to ensure timely delivery of audit opinion
- Evaluate, monitor, and make recommendations on the Company's system of internal controls to ensure that the Company's assets and financial records are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Oversee the Company’s accounting software tools and recommend improvements as appropriate
What you'll bring:
- Post-secondary education in accounting or related field and US or Canada CPA certification
- 5+ years experience in managing highly engaged and successful accounting teams in a SaaS environment,10+ years overall accounting experience
- Strong and up-to-date GAAP knowledge with international, multi-entity, and multi-currency experience
- Experience operating in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment while driving continuous improvement within the accounting function
- Track record of delivering results, including leading and completing financial audits
- Comfortable with ambiguity and decision-making required to be an effective contributor and team leader
- Strong commitment to ensuring deadlines are met
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to simplify complex financial data and concepts into practical messaging and solutions
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and solid verbal and written communication skills working in a collaborative environment
- Experience leading or participating in projects which require collaboration across business units and functional areas
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Previous SaaS experience would be a strong asset
- US GAAP and US sales tax experience
- Netsuite, Zuora and SAP Concur experience
Technologies we use:
- Absorb LMS, NetSuite, Zuora, SAP Concur, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements
Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location
New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success
Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility
Employee driven DE&I programs
Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace for Absorbers in our Calgary office
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Something looks off?