Billing Operations Analyst - Temporary Contract
“Personally, what makes me love Absorb so much is the culture. This workplace is filled with joyful members who can bring a smile to your face at a moments notice! Everyone is always willing to help, and it motivates you to return the favour.” – Miguel Verzosa, Billing Analyst.
**This a fully remote, (approximately 18 months) temporary position. ** Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
If you love learning new things and problem-solving, you may be a great match for the Billing & Account Payable team! This team is client-facing so you'll get plenty of exposure to our customers and work with many other departments within Absorb. The Billing Operations team ensures that money moves the way it was intended to and we’re the first line of defense when it comes to solving billing and collection issues with our clients. If you’re great with numbers and have the initiative to investigate the root of the problem, then you’ll love being on this team!
What you’ll do:
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, or mail
- Respond to customer inquiries via automated ticketing system
- Conduct Zoom meetings with customers to clarify invoicing issues
- Perform customer and internal account reconciliations
- Ensure all customer accounts are in adherence with the company collection policy
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the accounting software
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer support departments, and customers
- Resolve and validate deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Work with other departments to solve accounts receivable issues
- Proactively suggest process improvements that add value to the billing and collections process
- Assist with other accounting duties/projects as required
What you’ll bring:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Well organized and able to handle multiple tasks quickly and accurately
- High energy, flexible and has a willingness to take initiative
- Demonstrates creativity and ability to rely on experience and knowledge to successfully collect receivables balances
Technologies we use:
- AbsorbLMS, Zendesk, Zuora, NetSuite, Salesforce
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success
- Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility
- Employee driven DE&I programs
- Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace for Absorbers in our Calgary office
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com