Sales Development Representative
“As a Sales Development Representative, I have been able to strengthen my sales skills. I am constantly evolving and feel supported by peers most importantly management. Coming from a background of an array of Marketing, Sales, Retail, and Servings positions, that all taught me the importance of “client” first. It is nice to be a part of a company where it feels that ‘employees are actually first’. The company culture and its people make the company shine but it is the foundation of helping its employees evolve that makes Absorb, one of the best places I have worked at!” Jessica Aparico, SDR
About the role:
We are currently hiring a Sales Development Representative (SDR) for our Sales team! The ideal candidate will be looking to break into technology sales and with their positive, proactive, and can-do mindset, will turn potential prospects into new business opportunities across APAC region for the Sales & Account Executives. Want to hear the best part? No cold calls are needed! Prospects come to you! The successful candidate will work closely with the Team Lead of Sales Development to build, test, and modify various outreach approaches for inbound leads.
We are looking for someone who is highly self-motivated and who loves working in a team environment. This go-getter individual will hit their KPIs and have success by utilizing their high attention to detail mindset, excellent communication, and research skills, and can make quick and reasonable decisions in a short time frame.
Interested in working for a Top Employer? Check this out!
What you’ll do:
- Identify and follow up on opportunities to establish customer relationships
- Take inbound calls and follow up on inbound opportunities
- Articulate Absorb LMS’ value proposition via phone and email
- Participate in team meetings and projects to improve processes & sales output
- Actively develop the skills required to close business independently
- Maintain CRM tools with up-to-date client information
- Successfully seek out, create, and build relationships with potential clients across North America
What you’ll bring:
- 1-3 years experience in a related role
- Must be a team player and highly self-motivated
- Excellent at being adaptable to change and switching priorities
- Proven ability to sell with a minimum of 1 year of experience. This can be in the service industry, field sales, door to door, retail or at an office
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejections daily
- Proficient in conducting detailed data analyses and using metrics to drive business results
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interested in long-term career opportunities in SaaS sales
Additional preferred qualifications:
- “Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience identifying and qualifying sales opportunities
- Candidates who are fluent in English and French strongly preferred
Technologies we use:
AbsorbLMS, Salesforce, Salesloft, Gong
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success
- Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility
- Employee driven DE&I programs
- Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace for Absorbers in our Calgary office
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org