Team Lead, Software Development - Community Team
"The role of a Software Development Lead at Absorb is all about leading a diverse team of developers, setting team-wide expectations, and serving as a role model for professional conduct. This role blends the responsibilities of leadership, innovation, and impact. As a leader, you will be fostering the personal growth of employees, inspiring exceptional minds, leading initiatives for process maturity and monitoring, and constantly seeking additional ways to add value in an agile atmosphere." Jason Ristich - Manager, Product Development
About the Role:
Join our team at Absorb as a Lead, Software Development, where your leadership and technical prowess will be critical to leading a newly formed team. We're embarking on an exciting project to integrate and elevate a newly acquired software product. This role is not just about leadership; it's about rolling up your sleeves and getting involved technically. You'll guide our team through the integration process into our LMS and also work on establishing this application as a robust standalone product. Your expertise will shape the future of our platform, making a direct impact on how users connect and engage.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and mentor a development team of three direct reports in Calgary, providing technical guidance, support, and mentorship.
- Play a hands-on role in the development process, including coding, pull requests, and code reviews, particularly in a NodeJS and React environment.
- Drive the team's efforts in running scrum/agile methodologies, focusing on developing new features and functionalities for the application.
- Oversee the technical aspects of integrating the application with our LMS and migrating it from AWS to GCP.
- Act as a technical lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our new application, educating and upskilling the team in NodeJS and other relevant technologies.
- Engage in strategic planning for transitioning the ownership and development of the application, setting a foundation for future innovation and growth.
What You'll bring:
- Proven experience in leading and managing a software development team, with a focus on mentorship and people leadership.
- Strong technical expertise in NodeJS, React, and familiarity with NestJS. Experience in both front-end and back-end development is essential.
- Experience in agile/scrum methodologies and a track record of process improvement in a software development environment.
- Knowledge and experience in cloud computing services, especially Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings. programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location.
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success.
- Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility.
- Employee driven DE&I programs.
- Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace for Absorbers in our Calgary office
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do.
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org