Back-End Machine Learning Engineer
"Join a team where innovation meets impact. At Absorb, we're not just building machine learning models; we're shaping the future of education. Here, your work directly contributes to creating learning experiences that are personalized, engaging, and transformative. If you're driven by the possibilities of machine learning and committed to making a meaningful difference, then this is the role where you can truly shine." Gurpreet Singh, Team Lead, Software Development
About the role:
The Machine Learning Developer will be responsible for development and maintenance of machine learning models and services at Absorb. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to implement, deploy and support machine learning features that enhance user experience, engagement, and learning outcomes.
What you'll do
- Develop, deploy and support machine learning models and associated services of the organization.
- Develop REST APIs in Python with best coding and engineering practices for scalability and availability.
- Develop and improve CI/CD pipelines associated with machine learning projects.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning and AI.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field; Master's preferred.
- Strong understanding of data analysis, machine learning algorithms, and performance optimization techniques.
- Proficient in Python and machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or scikit-learn.
- Proficient in using scientific computing libraries such as numpy, SciPy and Pandas.
- Experience in backend web development using Python.
- Experience with cloud services like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a plus.
Are you ready to become an Absorber?
What we offer:
- Fully remote-first work with flexible work arrangements.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits including retirement savings. programs, eligibility for two different bonus plans, generous time off, comprehensive medical and dental benefits based on your country of location.
- New Hire Equipment Allowance and monthly Flex Allowance to support your success.
- Endless opportunity for career growth and internal mobility.
- Employee driven DE&I programs.
Who are we?
Absorb Software is a remote-first company that provides online training solutions to leading organizations around the world. Absorb is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) engineered to inspire learning and fuel business productivity. Our online learning platform combines forward-thinking technology built to scale as our customer’s organizations grow. We empower learners to enrich their lives, workplaces and communities.
Our values are simple:
- We achieve exceptional results by genuinely caring about each other and the work we do
- We’re united, and we grow through our commitment to elevating continual learning!
Absorb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check and must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in the country they have applied to without sponsorship.
Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org